"Lord Of The Rings artist" Speaks Out About Sierra Kills Involvement


An hour ago, we received an email from the person Robert Lindsay was probably talking about when he wrote about a "Lord Of The Rings artist" contacting Justin Smeja about the Sierra Kills event where two Bigfoots were shot and killed near Gold Lake, CA.

Daniel tells us he doesn't consider himself to be a Hollywood animation "bigwig" as suspected by Lindsay.

"I think I'm the guy being referred to in that story, though I would never claim to be a Hollywood animation bigwig. I'm a film and tv designer working for a special effects firm, meaning I draw ideas for costumes, creatures and props for movie makers for a living. I don't animate, nor do I live in Hollywood and I am certainly no bigwig in this industry," wrote Daniel.

Here's the email:

Hello Shawn,

this is Daniel Falconer. I'm a designer working in the film industry. I read an article on your blog reporting on a rumour going around about a Hollywood effects bigwig bringing Justin Smeja's sasquatch encounter and shooting story to life: http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/lord-of-rings-artist-may-be-trying-to.html

I wanted to take a moment to clarify the facts behind this story as there are some mistakes that have been reported. Please feel free to post my e-mail in full if you wish. Apologies in advance - I am going to take a long time to say not very much, but I want to make sure there's no misunderstanding from which crazy rumours or stories could spring. :)

I think I'm the guy being referred to in that story, though I would never claim to be a Hollywood animation bigwig. I'm a film and tv designer working for a special effects firm, meaning I draw ideas for costumes, creatures and props for movie makers for a living. I don't animate, nor do I live in Hollywood and I am certainly no bigwig in this industry. I was lucky enough to be one of the thousands of folks in my industry to work on the Lord of the Rings film trilogy, but I was just one tiny cog in that huge machine and carry no influence in this industry.

In addition to my day job drawing creatures and the like, I maintain an avid interest in the sasquatch phenomenon and generally devour any information on the subject I can get hold of. I've been out in the field many times now with kind and generous researchers and friends across the US and have experienced some stuff that leads me to conclude there's something to this all, though I remain open minded as to exactly what it is. When I can, I have done artwork for witnesses and researchers in the past as favours, partly to help contribute to the field of research and also because it helps satisfy my own curiosity. I want to know what sasquatch is. This has always been a hobby and in no way is connected to my professional work for the film industry and none of my work colleagues or employers have ever been involved.

Like everyone, I heard about the Sierra situation last year and was eager to learn more. I know some of the parties peripherally involved thanks to exchanges via e-mail, so I enquired and Bart Cutino put me in touch with Justin Smeja, the alleged witness and shooter, earlier this year. While I can never know whether it happened the way it has been told or not, I was impressed by the story and offered to do some artwork based on what Justin and his hunting partner said they had seen. I learned from Justin that in fact another artist had already done a lot of work and he kindly shared those pictures with me. I was very impressed by the quality of the work and wasn't sure what more I could bring to it that hadn't already been achieved, but Justin assured me he'd love to see what I might do. I told him I'd give it a go, doing some Photoshop painting based on his descriptions and the artwork he had already had made. I am not sure if the name of the other artist is public or not so I will refrain from mentioning them here, but let me reiterate, it was very good work in my opinion.

As things stand at present, I still intend to do the promised images for Justin, though my busy work schedule and existing commitments have kept me from making any real progress yet. When I have done them and when Justin has confirmed that they match what he witnessed (a process which usually takes weeks going back and forth with changes and tweaks) then he'll be free to do with those pictures whatever he wants. I haven't charged him at all. The way I see it, it's a two-way favour and I appreciate him taking the time to share his story with me, which is the same one everyone has heard and read.

So, just to summarise, when I heard the story, I contacted Justin to offer my services as an illustrator and he said yes. Eventually I'll get around to finishing the artwork for him and it will either be publicly available or not - his call. There are no animations or any association with any film maker that I am aware of - just one bigfoot nerd doing a couple of drawings for a guy who claims to have encountered some. :)

There was mention of a Twitter account in this somewhere but I don't know anything about that. I have never used Twitter so that ain't me.

Thanks and I hope that clarifies the situation. There's really no story here, but I wanted to chime in before the rumourmill turns this into something that it isn't. Thanks for your help and I look forward to coontinuing to read your blogs,

- Daniel

Comments

  1. Once again Robert Lindsey shows what an idiot he is. What's your next big scoop, Robbie? I think your Mom needs to proof read your papers a little better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again Lindsay "running his hole" and skewering the facts...maybe he should just shut-up and give other people a chance to actually explain their own involvement in certain things as they wish/when they wish without him trying do it for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why does Lindsay link to his blog keep getting posted here? useless....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear from the good Reverend...

    I've had many chats and exchanged emails with Daniel over the tears, he is a gifted Kiwi artist who shares his talent unselfishly.

    Welcome Daniel...How is the family?

    live and let live...

    Steve Summar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make that years...not tears....damn cataracts...lol

      Delete
    2. Thanks Steve. It sure has been a long time. Best wishes to you and yours.

      Delete
  5. I know it's a minority opinion around here, but I must say I'm happy RL does his 'investigations' and reports them on his blog. They may may not be as accurate as we would all like, but they are entertaining to say the least and usually peppered with some amount of the truth.

    He has more information than I do in other words, and I'm appreciative that he shares what he does.

    I find the hatred for his reporting interesting as well. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think it has to do in some small way with the laughable photo he uses as his avatar. Maybe he should change it?

    Also, before I get accused, I do not read or care about his posts on other topics, nor do I find them relevant to what he has to say about 'Bigfoot evidence'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say: he has information that I "don't"

      Delete
    2. The things he reports are simply unbelievable.
      Until Anons post tirelessly his faults to discredit him.
      The information he prints must have a big punch.
      You are not alone in your opinion.

      Delete
  6. Steve Summar? Oh God please don't let that pot stirrer add to the conversation.
    He got booted from the Alabama bigfoot forum for tirelessly working behind the scenes to create friction where there was none before.
    Someone needs to inform Daniel that Summars is tainting his reputation by insinuating they are very good friends. That is how Summars will fool you about his importance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, this is Daniel.
      Thank you for the concern for my reputation. I don't wish to get involved in anyone else's disputes so please understand what I mean when I say I have no truck with Steve and thank him for considering me a good friend. He and I have exchanged e-mails in the past and it was always good natured so I have no reason to think of him as anything other than a friend and thank him for his kind words.
      I wasn't around the Alabama forums at the time to witness what happened there, but I hold many of the folks there in the highest regard. They've been gracious hosts and friends to me when I have visited them.
      Not everyone in this field sees eye to eye, understandably, but so far I don't think I've made any enemies. I hope to keep it that way. :)

      Delete
    2. WEll then Daniel,
      If indeed you have great friends from the Alabama forum, just ask Mike1 , He will tell you why Steve Summars should be avoided like the plague. Niceties aside, most devils come in sheeps clothing.
      Most people who do what Summars did, first pass themselves off as angels of light. So don;t let his compliments be the deciding factor of his works.

      Delete
  7. Thanks Daniel or squaring this up I knew that the article wasn't correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto.

      As for RL: "some mistakes that have been reported". HOHOHO! NOT "some" mistakes - try constant reinvention of the facts OR just BS through poor journalistic skills. Oops!I keep on forgetting he is an attention seeker, so anything goes. 'Trust me', I am a journalist, or was that a used car salesman, or worse?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ed. Nice to see you mate. :)

      Delete
  8. RL takes a true story and puts his own twist on it when it does not need it. I just understand the guy. In the world of Psychology that is what they call a conversational liar.
    Bigfoots Broski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "RL takes a true story..."

      That's my point - there's *no* story until he writes about it - and *then* things get flushed out to reveal the actual truth.

      I mean, he's been more accurate about news in this community than any any of you yahoos! Amirite

      Delete
    2. What are you talking about? The story where Bobo Meldrum the cadaver dog etc went to go investigate the Bigfoot Killings,and the so called steak was already known. He threw in Moneymaker was there (he wasn't) the dog couldn't find any trace of the bodys (the dog wasn't used) and Meldrum looked in the camera saying " this is what I have been looking for" (Meldrum denied all of.this).

      This post isn't even a story and yet RL got the facts mixed up again. Also last time I checked none of these "yahoos" in here have said anything worth calling news.

      Evidence is right there man look at it!
      Bigfoots Broski

      Delete
    3. Yep..... And lets no forget RL called Randles and Cutino liars/// brown-nosers when everyone and their mother knew, including lindsay, that they were being truthful the whole time about meldrum and what he didnt say

      Delete
    4. Almost all I have learned about BFers is from these blogs.
      I see why you guys hate it, you all look foolish and less than honest.
      It has been a very effective device to get at some truths.
      Those stories will be around till the whole truth comes out.
      We are still waiting, waiting, and waiting for something more than that blog or random comment and Anon cranky posts.
      The more you protest the more real his assertions seem.

      Delete
  9. I can't trust someone who calls Native Americans liar (i'm not Native American btw).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Robert Lindsay's strategy is brilliant and effective. Think about it. What he does is post incredibly inaccurate version of events, which forces people to come out with stories they did not want to in order to correct the record. It has worked with Randles, Meldrum, Ketchum, Smeja, Cutino, and now Falconer. These events would not have even been known had he not botched them and forced the people out. It may not be the gold standard in journalistic integrity, but it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RL for your wonderful words about yourself, no one could be that ignorant or naive.

      Delete
  11. I enjoy reading anything and everything about BF. True, false, or exaggerated. It keeps my mind wondering. In RL's defense...his blog does say "if I am not making you mad. Im not doing my job." It something to that effect. Anyway, I've been reading the forums for a week or so and finally decided to post. Keep it up. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WEll then Thomas, You should really appreciate this one.
    YOUR A SUCK ASS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And in the realm of true, false or exaggerated, that would fall under TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to just keep this kind of thing in mind every time RL whores himself out to the BF community.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story