Whoa! How Would You Like To Hook A Monster Like This?


Lawrence Dillman of Rockaway Beach, Missouri had no idea his fishing day would turn out the way it did. He had no idea that the minnow he put on his line and casted out on his rod and reel would lead to a 45 minute fight between man and monster, ultimately rewarding him with the newest record for a striped bass caught on a rod and reel.

The new “pole and line” record striped bass caught by Dillman on May 21 weighed 65 pounds, 2 ounces with a length of 49 ¾ inches and a girth of 36 inches. Dillman used 20-pound test line and a chub minnow to catch the behemoth.

"I fought the giant for over 45 minutes until I got him to shallow water," Dillman said. "I then bear hugged the fish and got it out of the water on to the bank."

The new giant broke the previous pole and line state-record striped bass of 60 pounds, 9 ounces caught on Bull Shoals Lake in 2011. Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) staff verified the record-weight fish using a certified scale at the MDC Shepherd of the Hills Hatchery in Taney County.

"Once the fish was on the line, I knew I had a decent one, but I didn’t at all think it was a striped bass," Dillman said. "I thought it was a spoonbill or something else. But when I got him to the bank I knew I had something amazing!"

The longtime angler said the fish is now at Bass Pro in Springfield getting mounted. Dillman said he fishes every day and he doesn’t plan on stopping any time soon.



For the rest of the article, click here.

Comments

  1. Dang

    As good eating as a carp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but not as good as a cod piece

      Delete
    2. I'll have some chips with that. And a pint

      Delete
  2. That story dolphinitely sounds a little fishy! LOL and kudos y'all

    If you can think of any better fish puns, let minnow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the biggest striped bass was caught in Guilford Connecticut

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your Missouri state record the largest striped bass ever caught was 81 pounds in Connecticut

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story