GnRfan: A Maritimer Speaks About His Bigfoot Sighting (With Full-Body Description)


Editor's Note: This is a guest post by Bigfoot Evidence reader, GnRfan. He had an unforgettable Bigfoot sighting in 1997 near Wolfville Nova Scotia.

In the summer of 97 I had just returned home from a year working out west in Alberta most Maritimers head out that way for work in their teens or early twenties. After any time away from home I always head back to the south mountain near Wolfville Nova Scotia. The area has always been a special place for me with a lot of great childhood memories. The area around my grandparents property is mostly forest and across the road there is a brook where I had my first possible Sasquatch encounter in 1985 along with five or six friends.

There were stories of what the people on the mountain and in the valley area called the tramp or hobo apparently it was supposed to be a homeless man that wore animal furs and could not speak clearly, smelled really bad,did not shave and would chase people out of the area and away from the brook.

One night in the fall of 1964 a fifteen year old T. Coldwell was leaving the neighbors house to go home to what is now my Grandparents property and as she left the walkway and started out across the road to head up the mountain something very tall that cast a shadow across the entire road ran out in front of her and in to the wood lot between the properties. The only thing she was able to tell me was that it was very tall was across the road in just a few steps and that it scared her so bad she ran back into the house and would not leave until the next morning and had to have someone walk her home.

I also spoke to A&S Allen who told me of seeing a large black or dark brown figure on two legs in the corner of a field while bailing hay Mr.Allen called out to his wife and pointed it out to her coincidentally their son was with me when I had my first encounter. There is also a piece of property on the mountain where most hunters will not go. The way it was described to me was that you could go there 10 times and things would be fine but the odd time everything would go silent the birds would not make a sound the squirrels stopped making noise and you just felt like something was watching you an overall uneasy feeling I guess but enough to make you not want to go back.

This brings me to my sighting in 97 as I said I always loved the area it is an awesome place to hike and camp and I always walk up the brook never the road just the waterfalls make it worth the extra walk. On this day it had been raining a few days before so the water was flowing pretty damn good so I had to watch my step as I would cross back and forth across the water. As I turned the corner to go up to the first waterfall I saw what I thought was a black bear with it's front end in the water so I did what I always did when I saw a bear and started to back up slowly and was ready to haul ass back up the trail to my grandparents but this was not a bear it stood up, turned to his left and looked straight at me.

R-Truth, W.E. Wrestler

This was not what I thought a Sasquatch looked like he was only about six foot and built like a light heavyweight wrestler if you have ever watched W.E. there is a man named Ron Killings who performs under the name of R-Truth that has a muscular build similar to what I saw. The hair on the chest and abdomen was black and thinner than the longer hair on the arms and legs there was no point to his head although his brow ridge was out further than a man his face was dark like leather around his eyes, cheeks and some of his forehead his nose was flat with wide nostrils. His mouth was wide with thin lips that were a lighter color than the skin on his face. His neck was short and the neck muscles were visible. He stood there looking at me and only moved his head once to smell the air like what a dog does when you walk past it with a plate of food and then turned back at me.

I don't know how to describe what I felt at that time other than to say it felt l was there longer than I was like time slowed down.It wasn't like fear it was very odd.There was no smell from him that I noticed and his eyes were a dark color if I had to guess I would say dark brown. I have never been one to believe in the mind-speak thing but from his expression and my feeling it was like I have seen you and you have seen me lets just leave it at that I did not feel threatened but I knew it was time to leave so as he turned to his left I turned to mine and started back down stream I only turned back to look at him once and noticed that his arm was wet and longer and hung lower than than a man and his back hunched by the shoulders. I watched him take two steps on his way up the bank and I turned back around and continued back to my grandparents I did not see him look back at me at all.

When I got up on the patio I tried to light a cigarette but had a very hard time as I was shaking so bad it was like being on cocaine. I sat and chain smoked for a while. The fear that I did not feel before I sure as hell felt now. This was my one and only time I have ever seen one although I continue to research in the area where I live now in northern New Brunswick all I have been able to get have been Cliff Barackman type calls and eye witness accounts between here and Maine. I research for myself and have only shared this sighting with two other people besides Shawn. I am having Shawn post this for those who are interested and I will be around today to answer any questions although I will not responded to negative remarks.

There are no reported sightings in the area that I had my encounters on the BFRO site and I don't imagine there will ever be many because the people around the area a very private and private. There are things that have happened that stay in families for generations before people find out about them. The only reason I have been able to get people talking is because they have known me since I was a baby. I have worked for them or hung out with their kids or are related to them. I have wondered since my sighting if the stories of the Tramp may have actually been a Sasquatch. I don't know but I think it is possible. Thank you for reading and thank you Shawn for your interest.

Comments

  1. Yeah you obviously know who this is correct ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just interested in knowing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Oh Ohhhhh...Sweet Squatch-O-mine. Great story, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am a G N' R fan. I would just like to thank you for sharing your story with us as well. It is much appreciated. I can say I have been to Yarmouth Nova Scotia once and loved the quaint little town feel and how wonderful the people were, waving at us as we came and gone on the ferry to and from Bar Harbor Maine. Thank's again and i really liked the detail's given about your description of Bigfoot.

      Delete
  4. GNR FAN your a good dude keep up the hard work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing GnRfan. I grew up in the Gaspereau area during the 80s, then in the 90s on the south mountain near Greenwood. Spent allot of time in those beautiful woods camping, fishing, and swimming. Have always been interested in Bigfoot but just always assumed it was a western thing, glad to hear of sightings from my old stomping ground :) Merry Christmas everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Chrimbus GnR.
    Thanks for the report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from South Park and my son has been saying it all day.

      Merry Christmas GnR.

      Delete
    2. FYI: Crimbus is from Tim and Eric show. Fact check alert. Festivus forth rest of us!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. You didn't have to put the BRUH up for scale shawn... seems like you were doing it for laughs! Racist ya think????

      Delete
    2. he even described it as a bear and his imagination got the better of him, or hes just plain lying

      Delete
    3. Good story. See if you can get some more stories from the neighborhood and post them. Up where you are from there has to be a lot going on BF wise

      Merry Christmas gnrfan, Shawn and all bleevers

      May next year bring us more pics and videos


      Mid Michigan calling

      Delete
    4. Merry Christmas Mid Michigan.

      Delete
    5. "he even described it as a bear and his imagination got the better of him, or hes just plain lying"

      Trolls Bigfoot sites to try and make himself feel important.

      Poor little fella.It's going to be ok,mommy will let you suckle on her nipple before bedtime.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    7. Your Mommy Monday, December 24, 2012 at 4:46:00 PM PST
      REPLY:
      I think he is being honest. Bear's do not look like humans and do not have long arms and walk on two feet. You seem like you troll site's as from the comment's you are leaving. I too have seen them and if you say I and thousands of other people for eon's have been lying and hallucinating would be the crazy bat shit thing to say! Bigfoot does exist. If you can't handle that and are too afraid, than just stay out of the wood's, o.k. and maybe it is you who need's their mommy!

      Delete
  8. GnRfan, I'm from Sackville not far from your sighting area. I think many people would be very surprised just how "Squatchy" Nova Scotia really is. I bet if these creatures do exist, we have them too.

    Thanks for the account, I may have to go hiking in that area in the near future.

    Cheers and Merry Christmas!
    Kurt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is only one way to find out man the worst that can happen is you get some exercise and have a great day in the woods.

      Delete
    2. Nothing better than a great day in the woods!

      Kurt

      Delete
  9. It sounds like one of the bigfoots in thet book "the hoopa project" the real deal!

    Great luck seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Off topic but the last episode of Conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura was pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prepare for the gun control apocalypes. "now"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be back shortly to answer any questions and thank you all for the kind words so far.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geez, I didn't know you bluenosers had sasquatches way out there eh. That story reminds me of the time we went down to Prince Albert for a bonspiel. Between games, me and my buddy Gordy Horton went out in the bush behind the rink to smoke a joint. Then outta the corner of my eye I saw her eh. She pretty much looked like you described except she had great big boobs eh. Geez, her nipples were aboot the size of sour cream doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, I could go for a Timmys double double right now.

      Delete
    2. It wasn't a Sasquatch! It was a Canadian woman without her close on.

      Delete
    3. Or Nadia without her clothing!

      Delete
    4. Haha take off, you guys are hosers!

      Delete
    5. Ah come on Pierre tranies need love to.

      Delete
    6. A Timmy Ho Ho's Double Double and a Chicken Stew Bowl with a double chocolate muffin for dessert would be great! The blue nose is on the dime, and yet, I am from North Dakota eh! Plus a lot of other squatchy places from here to there!

      Delete
  14. I always thought Sasquatch to be a western thing too till walking my dog near the woods by my house when I herd a whistle whatever it was scared the shit outta my pitbull which never has happened before. Then a few wells later same area I heard screams same as cliff heard on finding Bigfoot high pitched over and over again by the rail roads and it got further and further away I live in central jersey and beleive they are here full time

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good story, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe
    guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My website discusses
    a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you are interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!
    Feel free to visit my web page ... Loma asunto Alanya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really interesting story, thanks for sharing! I find it interesting that what you saw seemed different than usual Bigfoot descriptions, and sounded more like a Neanderthaloid man in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I always pictured Bigfoot totally different than what I saw that day. I hope to see another one some day I hope everyone does and I think they will.

      Delete
  18. I have had many encounters in the woods where they go quiet like that but only a few times where I felt watched. I think you have read them. But I have never seen a bigfoot. One day maybe. Hell maybe next month as I will be back in the area where I had the most recent watching.

    It is a good story. I grew up in a town with more cows than people just three miles from Canada in NY. Have lots of french speaking relatives who are Canadian and my Grandparents on my Mom's side were dual citizens. So I know all about things staying local. No one had secrets, but it stayed in town at least. Damn party line phone systems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the party lines when we were kids we would lift the phone off the base and unscrew the bottom part and listen to everyone in the area.
      I think I am the only guy in northern N.B. that doesn't speak french.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I can't speak it either. I know a few words and knew if Grandma was yelling at you in English, then English and french and finally just french you were dead meat. Especially if your name was the only word you heard clearly.

      Delete
    3. Yup when my wife gets pissed she starts mixing in the french curse words.

      Delete
  19. Awesome encounter, GnRfan! You said you did not feel threatened. My question is, how close we're you that the squatch could have been on you and how quickly? Just trying to understand how docile these creatures can be. Any other apex predator would attack out of self defense/hunger, yet Bigfoot CHOOSES non aggression. A reasoning and compassion from a hugely built creature that could easily dispatch any human. Even for the "sport" of it. Again, cool encounter. Merry Christmas and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As near as I could estimate it would have been less than 30 feet because as soon as you round the corner the pool from the first waterfall is right there and he was at the upper part of that pool so if he was aggressive he could have got me in a short period of time and the fact that I probably looked like a deer in headlights to him I would not have had a hope in hell of getting away.
      I Knew enough not to try and get closer and I don't know if he picked up on that or not.It is just my opinion that like man they have different personalities and if you make them feel threatened they would defend themselves.
      Merry Christmas to you.

      Delete
  20. Hello comrades and fellow bigfeet researcher

    Ivan Rublemaker her with special holiday treat for all
    early this morning I was out with team and we came across the sasquatch in video that was hopping and jumping around like kindergarden little boy.
    He seemed to be looking for something but we were not sure what he was look for
    so we approach him and ask if he would do interview of course he said as he knew I was the GREAT Ivan Rublemaker and that he had seen show many many times and was big fan.
    I was to say least astounded to hear this so we start to talk and I ask him question so he answer
    interview kind of short but it say lots.
    So what your name his reply was "Ughnnmast"
    so first I ask why he not show himself more often
    his reply was that when he was small hairy boy that people come and take his momma and poppa away so he follow and find them in lavoratory getting experiment on.
    Of couse i was shock to hear this so I ask what kind experiment they do
    he say they were using momma and poppa to make better athlete for olympics to beat up on AMERICA!
    I say to him in this way that it must have been hard on him to see that
    he say yes it was but that he was over it now cause it was long time ago an he met beautiful sasquatch /yeti woman and that he not worry any more cause momma and poppa not suvive experiments.
    I say that tragic and that i sorry for this
    he say no worry i am ok but I must get going soon i am looking for christmas present for 6 kids and wife .
    I say oh you have family
    he say yes and that wife very upset with him because he always out hopping around wood an make her do all housewoik at squatch hut and she have to raise child all by self.
    he say that that is how you say BULLSHITT but he say he love her so he try to make happy time at christmas.
    I ask why he hop around like so he say he do that because he not want evil science people to find him by seeing tracks so he jump all time .
    i say that interesting to know and will remember
    then he say he have to go
    but he say he want to shout out to his brother from nother mother the american bigfoot and tell them to keep head up and not hide so much but he say he also understand because he not really like people either.
    then he ask if we have peanut butter??? I ask why
    he say he just want to know cause momma squatch like it alot and would give him GOOD WOOKIE NOOKIE if he brought some home for her.
    i had to say no so he jump up and leave and jump over log and little puddles until he was out of site.
    I look at team and had to scream at them because they too busy with vodka toast that they did not get any of this on film.

    AGHHHHHH I scream you all fire for being too drunk then i apologize for being mean and tell them that we will see him again i think.
    So there it is to all of my fellow researcher and comrades alike hope you enjoy
    Christmas present from me
    Ivan Rublemaker new head of R.A.B.R.G.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great story - I enjoyed it! Happy holidays and here's to 2013 finally being the year of discovery ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent story!
    Thanks for having the balls to "throw yourself out there". Interesting, not many negative troll remarks.
    Happy Holidays everyone. Even you skeptic trollls.
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dude saw a black man and decided it was a bigfoot. ugly truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While not many people of African descent, or black people which ever you prefer, live up north, there are enough that he likely knew the difference. Matter of fact, I think there even use to be all black towns up there at one time.

      Delete
    2. Just for the record Nova Scotia has a large "black" community. It is very multicultural here in fact...

      Delete
  24. Thanks for sharing your experience GnR. Very lucky to be part of that club. I'm still waiting. Hope u have good holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  25. interesting... very few stories coming from Nova Scotia.

    I dont think bfro.net has any reports from the area or Newfoundland either. Though I would say if their was an unknown animal those provinces are much more probable then most states because of low human population density and development.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Population density per square kilometre in Nova Scotia is 17.3 people and 3.5 in all of Canada.

      Our province is not large, but the population density is a bit higher than average. I think the amount of development would surprise people too. Having said that, we do have very large interconnected tracks of "Crown Land" and private land that is abundant in wildlife. Of the 5.8 million hectares of land in Nova Scotia, about 1.4 million hectares (3.5 million acres or about 24% of the province) is designated as Crown land.

      Delete
  26. and a merry cheistmas to you
    Tovarish

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've always liked your comments on the posts now I like your post good job GNR..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Merry Christmas GnRfan! Great story, thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

  29. Good day GnR. How can I contact you off the Blog? I am a Nova Scotian resident looking into Bigfoot sightings here and I would like to with communicate you to share s some reports.
    Was your sighting at Three Pools?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Give your email to Shawn and ask him to give it to me and no my sighting was not at three pools but I have been there many many times and if you know about three pools you must be a Nova scotian and I would love to here your reports from down home but my sighting was on melanson mountain.Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  31. All over the U.S. except Hawaii and all over Canada is Squatchy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'am always interested in sightings in Nova Scotia. As that is were I'am from. Sightings on the internet are rare for this area. This is more to do with it being a conservative area that is not going to advertise sightings so as not to be labeled weirdos. Things like this can stay in entire communities and families and is largely taboo topic. Although I've heard few sightings from people you get whispers of things that people are unwilling to say. I once had one fellow tell me he used to know some game wardens in the area who legitimately believed Sasquatch was in the area. i myself as a child thought i saw something (im still skeptical as it could of been a child's imagination.) I lived in the Wolville area and spoke with a guy once who claimed to have had 2 sightings in the Windsor area over a span of 15 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story