Florida Man Recalls Bigfoot Slinging Dead Rabbit At Him [WTF?]


Back in summer of 1994, while riding his ATV, a Florida man in Suwannee County had a frickin' rabbit thrown at him! WTF-- Right? And the culprit? Probably Bigfoot.

His first encounter was pretty mellow-- Just the typical unknown scream and the feeling of being watched and all that. The second was when it got really interesting:

I was riding a four wheeler at the time and we had a lot of trails cut out through the woods that we rode on. I had just come out of the woods and onto a pig trail just up from what we called bathtub springs. The pig trail turns into a main grade about a quarter of a mile from where I came out on it. I started towards the main grade when I noticed something very large and brown running through the woods about 20 to 25 yards to my left. It kept up with me as I rode about 15 mph, for at least 20 seconds. I saw it sling something in a side ways motion, like throwing a frisbee. I was just about to the main grade when I realized something had hit me in the chest. I didn't stop until I got out to the main paved road. When I did stop to see what had hit me, I saw that it was a rabbit that had been turned inside out.

Here's the full report via BFRO.net:

YEAR: 1994
SEASON: Summer
MONTH: July
DATE: 7/13/1994
STATE: Florida
COUNTY: Suwannee County
LOCATION DETAILS: (Exact location omitted per witness' request.)
NEAREST TOWN: Live Oak
NEAREST ROAD: State Highway 51


OBSERVED: I had two different encounters with in a week apart, within a mile of each other. I used to take walks in the afternoons when I would get off of work. There was an old logging road that made a loop about 3 miles around in the woods across from my house. It was about 3 thirty or so when I set off this day. I always carried a little 22 pistol with me in case I came across any snakes. My grandmothers two dogs also always went with me on these walks. We had turned off the main grade and gone maybe a quarter of a mile into the woods when we started down through the slough. The logging road cut between to little swamps. There was alot of scrub oaks and low growing trees just before it opened up into the swamps. I had just cleared the scrub oaks and came into the clearing when I noticed the change. It was like everything in the woods had vanished. The birds stopped singing, I mean it was quiet. I broke out in a cold sweet and the hair on the back of my neck stood up like I had just been shot. Like when you know you are being watched. I glanced down at the dogs and both of them had come to a stop like they were frozen in place. The hair on both of them was standing straight up. They were looking off to the right of me but neither one of them so much as growled. It may sound funny but it seemed like on cue the wind picked up and I caught a smell that I really cant describe. I looked to my right, and about fifty or sixty yards up the hill I could make out the shape of something very big , standing between a couple of oak trees, and some other brush. I stood there for about thirty seconds or so trying to figure out what it was before it moved. It reached out and grabbed two of the oak trees and started shaking them back and forth. Then I heard something like I have never heard before in my life. It didnt sound like an animal growling or a person screaming, but kind of a mix of both. The next thing I knew I had reached for my pistol, looked down and both dogs were gone. I decide that it was time for me to leave at that point and made my way very quickly back to the house.

The next encounter happened about 5 days later on the other side of the main grade. I had just left the house from having lunch and going back to work. I was riding a four wheeler at the time and we had a lot of trails cut out through the woods that we rode on. I had just come out of the woods and onto a pig trail just up from what we called bathtub springs. The pig trail turns into a main grade about a quarter of a mile from where I came out on it. I started towards the main grade when I noticed something very large and brown running through the woods about 20 to 25 yards to my left. It kept up with me as I rode about 15 mph, for at least 20 seconds. I saw it sling something in a side ways motion, like throwing a frisbee. I was just about to the main grade when I realized something had hit me in the chest. I didn't stop until I got out to the main paved road. When I did stop to see what had hit me, I saw that it was a rabbit that had been turned inside out. It was several years before I worked up the courage to go back into those woods. A lot of people may not believe me, but those that know me, know that I grew up in those woods hunting, trapping, fishing, and camping out. I have walked up on and been stalked by Florida panthers and wild hogs, but I have never had that feeling of truly being scared until these to encounters.

ALSO NOTICED: Animal observed in first encounter is estimated to have stood approximately seven and a half feet tall and weighed at least 400 lbs. The trees it shook were 25-30 ft tall oaks. The sound it made was a very loud wailing like scream that lasted for what seemed like 15 seconds. Animal observed in second encounter was light brown to rust like in color. It had hands with five fingers. Palm was hairless and dark in color. Ran through thick woods effortlessly.
OTHER WITNESSES: just myself and the two dogs
OTHER STORIES: Yes I have, but it is very hard to get people to talk about them.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: mid-day and early afternoon. The weather was sunny. Really beautiful days.
ENVIRONMENT: It was pine forest that had scrub oaks growing among them. There are alot of fresh water springs in the area. Peacock State Park is directly across from the secound encounter.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Mick Minnis:

I spoke with the witness on the phone and he shared the details of both encounters. He grew up in this area, and has been hunting and trapping in these particular woods all his life. His familiarity with the local wildlife is excellent. He has had experiences with all types of large animals in Florida and throughout the United States, including black bears, panthers, and grizzlies. Until he had this first encounter, he believed he knew everything that roamed the woods of north Florida. He described to me the sound the animal made in the first encounter as a long, powerful wail. Also, he did not feel threatened by the animal but he was quite shook up by the sheer size of it and power it displayed. He was quite adamant that what he saw in both encounters was nothing he had ever seen before.

I later emailed this witness and asked him to give us more detail regarding the rabbit incident, to help us better understand exactly what occurred while he was on his four-wheeler. This is what he submitted:

"If you will pull up the area on Google Earth, if you are looking at this picture the right way, you will see a hay field on the right with 2 chicken houses about mid way of the field. Along the tree line to the west you can just make out a road. Its hard to tell from the picture but just south of the chicken house the road turns into a graded road and runs north about 1/4 mile and dead ends into a hard road. If you keep going south it turns into a pig trail more or less. There are several fresh water springs in the woods to the south of the chicken houses. It was on the pig trail just before the graded road that the siting happened. I was coming out of the woods and had just got on the pig trail, when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I was going north and the bigfoot was on my left. I didn't have to look back because it was running beside me. It was about 15 to 20 feet in the woods. The woods here are really thick with small growth and scrub oaks and with me riding on a four wheeler and it running it was hard to get a clear view of it. I was able to make out the color which was a rusty red brownish color. It was hunched over I would say running on its hands and feet, it was almost like watching a short stop baseball player when it threw the rabbit at me, it just kind of side armed it at me. I was able to see that it did not have hair on its palm. Its hand looked like a gorillas hand is the best way to describe it. After I got hit in the chest I really sped up on the four wheeler and did not stop until I reached the hard top road. It was at this point that I looked down and saw the wad of fur and meat in my lap. After looking it over I determined it to be a rabbit that had been turned inside out. Now the reason that I believe that it was not a human in a suit was because I was on a four-wheeler going anywhere from 10 to 15 mph on the pig trail and it was keeping up even with me and through there it is humanly impossible. Now as I said before during both sitings I got the impression that it was more or less warning me off, because both times if it had wanted to do me harm I have no doubt that it could have done pretty much what ever it wanted to. I hope this helps and if there is any thing else that you need please feel free to contact me anytime."

Based on the witness experience and knowledge of wildlife, I found his accounts to be believable. The witness gave excellent detail regarding both encounters.

Comments

  1. whats up rabbit?maybe bf was trying to get him to cook the rabbitfor him.you no bigfoots dont like fire they keep burn their hair and we all know that is a a bf turn off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something the dogman would do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dude should just be glad he wasn't chunkin his Sh1t at him!

      Delete
    2. May be it was. We don't know what a squatches digestive system is like. They could eat rabbits whole and defecate them inside out. Its such a beautiful mystery.

      Delete
  3. Is that a sexual innuendo. Slinging your rabbit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like greasing your squirrel.

      Delete
    2. No,but slinging your rabbit in the taterhole is,I think.

      Delete
    3. What's a taterhole? I can guess. But for comedy I will ask.

      Delete
    4. A Taterhole by definition is a Fatsano.

      Delete
    5. What's a Fatsano? I can guess. But for comedy I will ask.

      Delete
    6. It's your Daddy,but we know,you can guess for comedy.Sad you don't know who your daddy,is poor little bastard

      Delete
    7. I see..You're confusing my daddy with yours who was a paedophile and f*cked you every night. Mine used to just f*ck your mamma. :)

      Delete
    8. Whoa,where did that come from.Jesus,chill a little.You guys are something.

      Delete
    9. Anon@3:47-Which would make you two brothers,ya jackass.

      Delete
    10. maybe in realitation to you calling somebody a 'poor little bastard' Done know, just a quess.

      Delete
    11. and he ain't my brother as he ain't that heavy...

      Delete
    12. Who'd of thought I'd get so many replies off slinging your rabbit? :)

      You guys f*cking rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    13. It's f*cking what? Monday....I thought the other guy was taking the p*ss Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      Delete
  4. heres a teaser for you, the reason i dont go down this trail anymore is because the area has been inhabited by some other cryptids, make what you will of that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you mean dogman then.

      Delete
    2. No other cryptids....Like the humyanydjtfkyumfff!! that f*ckers mean.

      Delete
    3. Heard the mongolian death worm was spotted around those parts.

      Delete
    4. No, thats where the globsters are.

      Delete
    5. No they ain't son, that's where the teeth reside.

      Delete
    6. Oh yeah, vagina dentata, I forgot.

      Delete
  5. Sally here: We have the DNA of that rabbit in the study, but I can't talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. look bitch your got fired, live with it.

      Delete
  6. Your basic peace offering...take this and get the f outta here.

    Heard of squirrel tossing but this is news to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, who doesn't like a good ol' fashion squirrel tossin'.

      Delete
  7. At the 2007 BFRO MI Expedition, something threw a dead shrew at my van as we were driving down the road in the evening. The shrew had been bitten by human like teeth as if a large man had stuck its rear end in his mouth and bit down across the mid section.

    When I went to the woods to investigate, I briefly glimpsed a 9 foot tall squatch in silhouette (though I didn't realize it was that big at that time) before it took off. I followed it, but I've written about that part of the story here before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They threw an entire mauled baby doe at my car, but I paid for the deluxe package.

      Delete
    2. Same here.But I pulled over and got me some dying quiver off of my deer.

      Delete
    3. Dying Quiver,its for real men!

      Delete
  8. Get out and take this with ya, damn rabbits are eating all my lettuce !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some truth to that - the skunk ape does like to dine on skunk cabbage.

      Not sure if eastern skunk cabbage (Symplocarpus foetidus) stretches all the way south to Florida though.

      Food for thought.

      Delete
    2. Hmm...isnt skunk cabbage a laxative aswell, that could have been one constipated biggie sore at the rabbits for eating his cabbage and sore at the atv for breaking his concentration while straining at his night soil.

      Delete
    3. Completely plausible - someone should do a recreation of the event

      Delete
    4. Plausible and could explain all them blood curdling howls and screams.

      Delete
    5. I once had a dead bull frog thrown at me........I blamed my fishing partner but he has always claimed he did not throw it.I assumed it was because I would one day throw something nasty at him given the chance if he admitted it but now I guess I have to include BF as a possible suspect.

      Delete
  9. Off topic, but am wondering if BF gets a bit skiddish on the 4th of July w/ all the fireworks. Seems logical as pets can go missing for days.

    If our out in the woods on Wed, please do not light off fireworks. Respect the forest and BF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't see Finding Bigfoot when they shot off fireworks in the woods? Bigfoots love that sh1t.

      Delete
    2. thats awesome, i've got a few roman candles...think i'll go fire them off at moneymaker

      Delete
    3. When I was a kid, my uncle was drunk and after he lit a roman candle he held it upside down and set his tee shirt on fire. Some of the other grown ups tossed their beers on him and he was ok. So, I think bigfoot is plausible.

      Delete
    4. That's funny, friend had a fresh adidas track suit back in '84. Just received for a b-day, all the kids were envious.

      Fast forward to a roman candle war, the whole thing was toast. His mom was so pissed. Still gets hassled for that.

      Delete
    5. Lol, proves bigfoots are probably human: equally flammable.

      Delete
    6. Yep,just ask Mucklegrunt.

      Delete
  10. another piece of garbage with a story. And nothing to back it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, you're not seeing a pattern by any chance are you?

      Delete
    2. sounds like someone w/ a case of the mondays :(

      Delete
    3. It's WHAT.....F*CK Noooooooooooooooooooo

      Delete
  11. Hope he dont get his tater hole tossed next time.Turn his tater hole inside out,look like a ardvark trunk hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's a taterhole? I can guess. But for comedy I will ask.

      Delete
    2. All I see is this

      What's a taterhole? I can guess. But for comedy I will ask.

      Delete
    3. The taterhole in regards to hardbody babraham Lincoln women is that which we seek.

      Delete
  12. If this actually happened, I'd say a Hawk or some other bird of prey unintentionally dropped it's dinner. It happened to hit him or hit near him. Right before it hit him, he sees the shadow of the bird which helps him to fabricate his story. IF it even happened at all. I've seen Hawks carrying huge Rabbits, also seen them rip a Rabbit in half in just a few minutes. IIII knowwww, I'm a troll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IIII knowwww, I'm a troll.

      How f*cking darn you distill logic into this sh*t.

      Delete
  13. i bet he spooked a hawk sitting in the trees and it dropped its catch,, looks like a bird kill to me.. just saying..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt thats the pic from 1994.. just doubting...

      Delete
    2. It was a sasquatch, how dare you say that......

      Delete
    3. its been stored in a freezer down in georgia w/ several other cryptids.

      Delete
    4. Right beside a burnt mokele-mbembe.

      Delete
  14. asshole,bunghole,taterhole,browneye,dookieshoot,toothlessone,analcanal,lots of names

    ReplyDelete
  15. f*ck this sh*t I'm going to have sex with the wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Above time stamp should read 2:53 PM PDT (not 3:53 PM PDT)

      - Site Administrator

      Delete
    2. Add a couple minutes for blowing her up first.

      Delete
  16. Any news on that burnt bigfoot. Everything moves so fast here - was the hoaxer ever found, bound, and tatered?

    Was there any truth behind the story or just all nonsense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out the burnt bigfoot was just Morgan Freeman with a tan.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps ask the guys whocstayed up all night invigorated with anticipation of the news conference. I'm sure they'll have an excuse like: "it was a cover-up by the government".

      Delete
    3. LOL - invigorated with anticipation

      Burnt BF where r u? We need you

      Delete
  17. Thats how native americans studied the constellations,buy connecting the dots on its face.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wasn't as good as nonsense I am afraid, I look forward to a bit of nonsense, nonsense is a blessing, but this was just decomposed textual diarrhea, luckily most people detected the odour before trying to swallow it hook,line and sinker.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I guess this is the standard of "proof" such that it is:

    "Based on the witness experience and knowledge of wildlife, I found his accounts to be believable. The witness gave excellent detail regarding both encounters."

    I suppose the investigator believes in alien abductions, chupacabra, mothman and any other fanciful tales if the reporting person demonstrates knowledge of wildlife...or aircraft..or dogs...or insects in detail.
    Blobsquatches are accepted if the person demonstrates working knowledge of a camera.

    All one can reasonably do is interview the person making the encounter report and confirm what was said. A consistent story does not make it true.

    A. Did the person call the police to report a large creature chasing him in the woods?
    B. If not, did he not care about the greater public safety?
    C. A flung rabbit like a frisbee....really? Through the brush while running to keep pace over uneven ground?

    More holes than Swiss Cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon 3:28, I think you will find that the same standard of proof (or lack thereof) is pretty much consistent throughout the subcultures who hunt for mythological creatures. It had been observed that in Ghost hunting the hunters feelings are valued much more than any concrete evidence. Because of this ghost hunting, with its electronic paraphernalia, has been described as a form of techno-mysticism. I think you will find that Bigfoot hunting is similar to ghost hunting in that the hunter is searching for a certain feeling (which they might call evidence) so as to strengthen their delusion. Naturally this delusion strengthening activity lends itself group interaction in which the hunters search for others to verbally reinforce their beliefs.
      I originally came here to study the nature of their delusion after I had successfully cured a man of his belief in ghosts. I wanted to evaluate the Bigfoot hunters to determine if they had the potential to be cured. I decided that they could not be cured and I am currently in the process of evaluating the danger that they pose to the physical and mental well being of those around them and society at large. If your observations have been different I would very much like to hear about them.

      Delete
    2. 3:38 My kids say I give them dirty looks when they ask for the remote during Finding Bigfoot( 'they never find it!"..."grrr') Maybe you should report me to children's services.

      Delete
    3. You did not impress me you know, for instance you didn't use "ergo" or "ipso facto" once in your whole dialogue.

      Delete
    4. Lol; he tries not to use those words anymore, tired of all the wedgies.

      Delete
  20. For god sakes mr. skeptic - the guy had a dead rabbit thrown at him. That's enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and lets face it everyone has heard of the dead rabbit clan, you just don't mess with them.

      Delete
  21. The tittie bar opens soon, who wants to join me for a few beers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bigfoot, chupacabra, and the jersey devil walk into the bar...

      Can't remember the rest

      Delete
  22. I've had three fake class A reports published on BFRO, this guy's got nothing on me. I'm currently working on another one and I think it's my best yet. I love to write fiction and Bigfooting is a good place to practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would wager that the total percentage of just "flat out made up shit" on all of the BigFoot reports on the net is somewhere near 80%.

      Delete
  23. ...and the barman looks at the jersey devil and says "why the long face" then looks puzzled and says to the chupacabra "hi chups you look as if your goatfriend just dumped you" and then lookin to the bigfoot "you havn't had another mid tarsal break have you Mr Foot" and with that all three promptly, quietly and possibly mythically tore the barman to shreds.

    The moral of the story is never try to make up a joke when your tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds pretty solid. Here's another:

      Bigfoot walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Why the broad and flat face w/ protruding mouth?"

      I think that's how it goes.

      Delete
  24. interesting story, im currently training killer wasps tp track and kill bigfoot, dogs are cowards and they can't stand their ground when BF is present, another strrategy im working on is training snakes to track and kill bigfoot this year

    ReplyDelete
  25. Would it be possible that the BF was scared by the man and atv and thought he was after him because of the food (rabbit), so it gave it to him to get away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story