SnowWalkerPrime's Parody Of Melissa Hovey [Humor]


It looks like things aren't getting any better between Team Tazer Bigfoot's, Phil Poling and Melissa Hovey. Here's the gist of what's been going on:

  • Melissa Hovey's recently released photo of Bigfoot was inserted in Phil Pholing's (SuperSoylent) YouTube video with the copyright tag replaced with "Copyright 2011 SuperSoylent".
  • Hovey filed copyright violation complaints on Facebook and YouTube and had video and photos removed from Pholing's accounts.
  • Pholing is now fighting back to have the video and photos reinstated.

This morning, Poling left these messages in the comments section:

Phil Poling
Mar 17, 2012 01:32 AM

I’m not going to come here and attack Ms. Hovey. That would be pointless and would serve no purpose. But I am certainly allowed to defend my position and state facts.

1. I have never made any claim to the photo. Period.
2. The photo was briefly used in my video as parody and commentary that is guaranteed as my right under the DMCA fair use act.
3. Ms. Hovey filed two separate DMCA complaints against my videos.
4. I filed a counter notice on both of her complaints.
5. It is now up to her whether to file a law suit against me in Federal Court or to take no further action. It’s up to her.
6. If she files a suit then it will be up to her as the plaintiff in the case to show evidence that she is the owner of said property. I don’t believe she can do that.
7. She must also show evidence that I have violated the DMCA if she is able to show her ownership.
8. I will then present my defense under Fair Use for parody and commentary.
9. A copyright attorney charges anywhere from 80 to 100 dollars per hour for their services.
10. The standard copyright trial runs in the neighborhood of 100,000 dollars.
11. If she is shown to not have just cause in the case, it will be dismissed.
12. It is my right to counter file against her for the recompense of my legal fees and other encumbrances.
13. No one wins in these cases. Aside from the great amount of time involved, there can also be a great deal of stress and anxiety.

Many will say “All of this over a stupid photo” and they would be right. However; since I now take it as a free speech issue and a denial of my rights, I have no choice but to counter file to protect them. For me; this is not about the photo. I now leave it up to her to decide if she feels she has incurred a loss equal to a battle in court. Until her decision is made I have been advised by counsel to not have any direct communications with Melissa what so ever.

Phil Poling
Mar 17, 2012 02:05 AM

I also would like to explain my use of the photo in my video and the accusation that I had stolen it. In my video, I had taken the basic photo I had found on line and place this tag at the bottom. “copyright 2010 by SuperSoylent”.

For those of you out there who are using this to call me names, I really need to point out some basic legal principals here. SuperSoylent is a non-entity. It’s just a character name on Youtube. SuperSoylent does not exist as a legal name. SuperSoylent can’t have a driver’s license, own a house or buy a car. SuperSoylent has no SSN number or voter registration card. And this is the most important part. SuperSoylent can’t own a copyright on anything. This was parody that criticized the original posting of the photo with a copyright for the ABS. This copyright claim was just as useless as mine. I can’t find where the ABS has a legal right to own anything. I can find no listing for the ABS as a legal association or corporation anywhere. That’s the point. I have never distributed, attempted to sell or given the photo to anyone. My use of the photo in and of itself is perfectly fine since it appears on many sites, vlogs and blogs elsewhere.

Of course this won’t stop someone from calling me names and that’s fine. I really don’t care.

In light of all this drama, SnowWalkPrime decided to do a parody titled: Bigfoot Masterpiece Theater (False DMCA's)

Comments

  1. Does he need a date for St. Patty's Day? I think I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I am already stalking you, Autumn. <3 Don't go drinkin' green beer without me. ;)

      Delete
  2. This is just one reason why I will never join Facebook. John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn, what is the purpose in giving such childish behavior a forum? Hits on your site? Seems like SWP is not the only 11 year old on the block. Grow up and act like adults. Drawing childish pictures is not really funny and this is all becoming very tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name "Team Tazer" solidifies this. LOL

      Delete
    2. Read the tag line for the blog..get it?

      Delete
    3. Go away, you grump! I say More, More, More! That was hilarious!! Kudos to TeamTazerBigfoot and their awesome artiste!

      Come to think of it, that whiner is probably Melissa. Truth hurts? Wahhhh wahhh wahhhh!

      Delete
    4. Quit your belly-aching you dork!! "SnowWalkerPrime" is the best thing that ever happened to this blog!!

      Delete
    5. Anon 3:49. That is a sad statement. I think i would quit blogging.

      Delete
    6. chill the fuck out, bigfoot is not a serious topic, so dont expect serious videos

      Delete
    7. Aaron @ 3:52, please stop referring to yourself and other posters to any thread as bloggers. You're not.

      Delete
    8. Look! I blogged all over myself!

      Delete
  4. She looks like a gopher in mean girl glasses

    ReplyDelete
  5. "OptimusSnowWalkerPrime"is on the loose!!! .... beware hoaxers and dirty deceptisquatchers you will be exposed and humbled by "The Prime"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this guy.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. AP----P(L)I----CA-----BLE, ----SAY IT WITH ME BUD.

    And your religio-scientisity degree gives you what right to impart rule or authority, on what is more, in my opinion, a philosophical question!

    I truly admire your creative brain.

    As a scientist you should have long ago realized, we humans do not think alike!

    Claiming superiority, does not grant it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leon, your segmented screaming rants make you seem truly insane. They seem to get weirder as the days go on. Time to start taking your meds again and step out of the house a moment to see the sunshine.

      Delete
    2. Thats just because a mooron such as yourself is easily confused.

      I don't know anything about meds as you call them, but apparently you do. Some family members of yours perhaps.

      Delete
  8. Oh by the way Snowman, is rick going to pony up the money! (10K)

    Were hoping for a show with you , him and fasano.
    25k each, but 75 k to the winning survivalist/squatcher.

    My money is on you snowman, as long as you can catch food!!!!

    No food, and i put money on Fasano as he has the greatest reserves----- scientifically speaking.

    Rick don't stand a chance, I'll place a side bet that he gets lost in the first week and gets bit buy a GATOR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick has invited me to go parachuting jumping with him. ;) If I understand the plan, the landing site in in shark infested waters.

      SWP

      Delete
  9. Also, in one of Mellisas interviews, she stated, (I paraphrase)

    "At some point, the witness became fed up. He did not want to be part of the Bigfoot community and suffer the scandle, he gave me the picture and told me not to reveal who he was. And then he stopped communicating completely."

    If she was "given" the photograph, and if need be, she can proove an attemp of contact of the original photographer with no responce. It is very well within her right to copyright!

    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to read up on US copyright law, the original photographer owns the copyright to this photo, nobody else, not Melissa Hovey, not ABS, not SuperSoylent.

      Delete
    2. Not if he gave it awqay, sold it---
      How do you think people own the rights to others music, dipshit.

      there are several ways one may own or transfer these rights.

      It is possible that one person could own a painting and yet someone else owns the copyrights.

      And that would be between said photographer and melissa.

      I guess will see soon enogh, huh!

      Delete
    3. I'm pretty certain Ms Hovey would have used that defense weeks ago, if it were available to her. It would have fast nipped the theft claims against her in the bud. Supposedly other 'researchers' (inc Biscardi), were offered this same photo four years ago? Who are they, and what do they know about the source? Anyone? Anyone?

      Delete
    4. 1. Ms. Hovey has had ample time to say if she was granted ownership or copyright and she never has.
      2. Ms. Hovey has stated both on blogs and on video that it was just the opposite; that she was NOT given permission to even post the photograph.
      3. Ms. Hovey has stated on video that the person in question is unknown to her.
      4. Ms. Hovey has no idea whether or not her “witness” even owns the photo.
      Case closed

      Delete
  10. Yup.
    Hovey, you've been upstaged. Eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like watching the 3stooges poke each other in the eye.

    2funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is like watching a school of Piranhas dismember a cow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who cares....the creature is real....DNA will prove it soon enough...and all the other hangers on and your attempt at two seconds of fame will all go away soon enough...then hopefully what will fill these boards are the real issues instead of all of this drivel....anyone smart enough will not focus on this one minute of fame sensationlism and instead what the future holds for the future of this species and learning more about it..that is where the real discussion will take place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you say so... wahhhh... wahhhh... wahhhh...

      Delete
    2. Bigfoot D.N.A.... So tell me what else are you working on?

      Delete
  14. Can't wait to hear what twisted take Hovey is going to have on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you already saw it w/ Anon 3:20's indignant labeling Shawn's blog as 'childish' for running the SWP vid. Unlike the overwhelming majority at YT, that person didn't find it the least bit amusing; therefore, one could surmise...

      Delete
    2. The kind that lets her cry victim its what that parasite does

      Delete
  15. BOM BOM BOM (LOUD SINISTER MUSIC) And the plot thickens!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm with poling on this one.i for one would love to see hovey go to court and have to show where and how she obtained the photo. then we may get to the bottom of this suspected hoax.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ceasar Milan - No talk, no touch, no eye contact...

    We should all practice this with Ms. Hovey as we are simply feeding her what she wants: attention and exposure. Viral marketing, say it.

    I wish the track-way find was getting this type of exposure, it actually merits some attention.

    Remember how Ceasar would deal with this yappy dog, no talk, no touch, no eye contact.

    On the other hand that video is funny and illustrates the absurdity of Hovey and her coven. All hail Ceasar Poling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon 11:40 - as much as I appreciate the nice comment, I'm not looking for any kind of notoriety. Really - I'm a nobody. Nothing. Zip.
      Just an average guy asking questions and looking for some answers just like you. I like the idea of no talk, no touch, no eye contact. Wise words.

      Delete
    2. Viral mktg or attention whoring? Boycott the abs and boycott creature weekend!

      Delete
  18. Yep, that about sums it up! Nice job on the video and all the videos, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story