Melissa Hovey To Release Bigfoot Photo At 1PM EST

*Not the real photo. Just an example.

The article below was just published on Melissa Hovey's blog a few seconds ago. The Bigfoot photo will be copyrighted and it will be posted on her website at 1PM EST / 10AM PST.

Supposedly, Melissa received the photo from a witness 4 years ago and has held onto to the photo. After many attempts to reach out to the witness, she has finally made contact and has decided to publish the photo. In earlier posts, she claims that the photo "could either be the clearest image we have to date of a possible bigfoot – or a very clear image of a big hoax."

Read below:

The Photo - UPDATE
Today is the date. Many thoughts come to mind.

Thoughts I will discuss separately from the release of the photograph which will happen at 1:00 pm Eastern today. Why? Because I know, when the photo is published the information will not be important.

First of all, thank you, to those who sent emails of support and messages on Facebook.

To those who thought I was stringing this along for attention. I made many attempts to contact this witness over the course of 4 years, privately, behind the scenes.

While you may not understand why I chose the route of my blog to try and contact this witness, sometimes we have to do everything we can do. I was willing to put everything on the line in order to get this witness to establish contact. So, this last 7 days had nothing to do with hype. It was all about the hope of reaching this anonymous witness.

It worked, kind of.

Unfortunately, it turned into more of a hurry up and wait scenario. The witness wanted me to wait until the spring. He was even refusing background information about the photo he sent me. Sometimes we just have to listen to what our gut tells us. My gut tells me he would string me, and YOU, along for as long as he could, with no information, just more waiting. Proof of that being he already strung me along for 4 years, ignoring my attempts to contact him privately, and only responding once I took this public which was not my first choice. So I decided to publish the photo anyway. Why? Because this community has had enough of the “come back next month,” comments. My gut tells me, that is exactly what I was facing, by accepting this witnesses deal.

I have been struggling these last 7 days. I don’t expect anyone to believe me, and I expect no sympathy.

It’s just what we deal with, sometimes, because of what we do. I am always talking about exposing hoaxers and doing the right thing for witnesses and other researchers. How can I allow myself and all of us to be strung along?

That goes against every fiber of my being. It’s not right.

For those who said you know what you would do. No, you don’t. You don’t know until you are in this very position. Would you have simply walked away? I highly doubt it, and if after viewing this photo, you instantly reach for your mouse to "right click and save," - I know you wouldn't have sat on this for 1 week let alone 4 years. I would never expect anyone to do what I did. 4 years is a long time to keep something quiet when you're not even sure it's legit. Most of my own concerns are about the witness himself.

Re-establishing contact has made that no easier.

To be honest, I am not even sure the person I have been speaking to via email these last couple days is the witness. While this person was able to answer a few things, many other things were wrong. This person stated he came to me because he was distraught over the exploitation of this animal. That does not jive with this persons first email to me, which only said, “If I told you I had access to pictures of a Sasquatch animal how confidential can you really be?" It was only later in our exchanges that he discussed his concern for this animal and its welfare. Was I emailing with this witness from 4 years ago? I honestly have to say, I don't know.

This photo will rise and fall depending on its merits. Not anything I say. Whatever the merits of this photograph are will be up to each individual researcher or person viewing.

At the end of this, I know I am doing the right thing and I have done all I can.
That’s all we can expect from ourselves.

Let me also explain something else. I did place a copyright on this photo. Why? To do my level best to keep some aspiring hoaxer from using crops of this image (or the full image) to perpetrate the next great hoax. If the true owner of the photo comes forward, I will gladly turn over the copyright to them. But, this person better have proof this image does in fact belong to them. I totally understand this photo will be diced and sliced. Just remember to re-insert the copyright before you share privately or anywhere on the internet. I will enforce this.

This is not about money, fortune or fame. If that were the case I would have done this a long time ago.

Some of us who call ourselves, “Bigfoot Researchers,” do keep our promises. I have long term witnesses right now that I work with on a regular basis. To say that because I sat on this for 4 years – it must be a hoax. Well, honestly, you don’t know what you’re talking about. The concern that this photo could be a hoax is exactly why I have sat on it for this long. I had to try and get more information from this witness.

Read this blog, you will discover I don’t believe everything I am told.

In the end, I have no more answers than I once had. I’m not even sure the person who did contact me, is even the original witness. Whether or not this is a legitimate Bigfoot, that is not for me to decide. I know what I think and I am fairly certain each person who views this photo will have their own opinion.

I feel comfortable with my decision. I have done all that I can.

For any witness who is wondering if I can keep a promise, the answer is yes. But, trust is a two way street. If you are honest with me, I am honest with you.

- Melissa Hovey

Comments

  1. This better be good cause I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you're not as excited as the guys who share a tent with Melissa on expeditions.

      Delete
  2. 1 hour! I can't wait...... Someone in the BF community who is actually going to do what they say.
    Bigfoots Broski

    ReplyDelete
  3. So who wants to bet that something happens within the next hour, and she chooses not to post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That MH way, but I'm holding fire until I see the photo. I think I have seen this one before however I'm in sure.

      Delete
  4. As much as I want to believe it will be groundbreaking I think it's going to be an obvious fake like the todd standing portrait with BF behind twigs or ambiguous enough to leave us no further than where we are today. If it's a clear shot of an animal you can generally tell if what you are looking at is fake or not.

    Hope i'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa whoa whoa there ! ...

    Melissa knows she can't release a new bigfoot photo without clearing it with Matt Moneymaker first. So did she do that? There are rules and procedures in the bigfoot community that all must follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is standard practice among all legitimate bigfoot researchers: Get MM's OK first before doing something like that.

      Delete
    2. Yes he must sanitize anything the hints BF could be human!

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't take that bet. My question is: why would a Bigfoot photo that may be hoaxed, with little information as to it's origins and circumstances cause any grief at all?
    Since this was 4+ years ago, if it were a real animal the odds are pretty good that it hasn't been just hanging around the trailcam. Hence the likelyhood of someone finding it and shooting it are slim. This whole thing just smells like piffle to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What promise? What struggle? Did she promise not to release it? If not, what's the problem? Did she promise anonymity? If so, what's the problem? The welfare of the creature?! Like a photo release is going to make it vulnerable? What's the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This better be freaking good but MY gut tells me it won't be. 24 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, let the speculation begin! And without verification of the account, the location, and a valid recreation to obtain height/width measurements, etc., it will be quite a firestorm for those who Love To Speculate! 'It's absolutely a Sasquatch'... 'No, it's a fake, 100%'... Fore the love of god, when will we learn to put artifacts in context and admit we have little if any verifiable, scientific validation that what we see in the image is a Sasquatch or Not.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it me or do I get the feeling here that we are being set up to be dissapointed with this photo? If she seems to think its a hoax based on her own "gut feeling" and the actions of the possible witness then why all of this drama and leading up to this "big moment" This is where I just think this whole thing is a little weird...if you think you really have something...lead us all up to it, but if think its really just a hoax, put it out there and spare us all of the emotion. It seems as if she is already "anticipating the inevitable" that folks are going to cry foul and hoax. Well if thats the case then Melissa shouldnt have hyped this photo like she did...I am sure she is a nice person and credible...but this is silly nontheless

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it has its back to the camera, there is absolutely no way this is going to be taken seriously. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bummer ... 1pm EST came and went ... no photo was released. What happened to Melissa? Did the MIBs get to her?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I HOPE MELISSA HOVEY DIES IN A FIRE

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a load of garbage. maybe next time she can try posting a pic bigger than 23 KB at 320x241.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Picture is complete garbage. Bigfoot search with zero evidence is total garbage. You're a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i sucked bigfoots cock for 2 dollars

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bigfoot Society is an utter embarrassment. 4 years wait to release a laughable thumbnail of a hairy back. Trololol

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is exactly the reason this fucking community is regarded as fucking tree hugging hippies. You guys hype up a fucking photo and then deliver the back of a fucking chewbacca mask cropped to hell. Judging by the distance the flash of the camera is to the "animal" and I use that term sooo loosely, the "trap" cam is less then 5 feet away and has to be a HD or better resolution trap camera .... this leads to WTF would you have a HD trap cam on your property in the first place. Second why would you crop almost lets say 75% of the photo out (sholders to knee's maybe along with all the sorrounding brush) this is the biggest load of shit and just reeks of a hoax. This should have been released when you first had recieved it as this is nothing more then a horrible attempt at a hoax and any in the "Big Foot Community" who think this is maybe real... you are the fucking reason ... just remember that .

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope she reads her own blog approvals ^_^ left her some interesting suggestions on where to post this pic next (up her fucking ass) fucking hippies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now remember....they don't eat cows cause thats's people food........

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judging by a pic I know nothing about...looks fake. As long as there is no evidence on the picture being taken, it is just another picture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a picture of my ass in the dark.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story