Melissa Hovey: "This witness has sent me a photo. A photo which could either be the clearest image we have to date of a possible bigfoot – or a very clear image of a big hoax"

*Not the photo. Just an example.

It appears that the Bigfoot photo that's going to be released this Thursday was no secret. Melissa Hovey had been writing about it for some time now. Since receiving the photo from an anonymous person 4 years ago, she agonizes daily about what to do.

Last Thursday, Melissa sent the person an email saying that if she didn't get a response in 7 days, she would post the photo for the world to see.

Read this post below from last Thursday:

[...]
We live our lives as true to ourselves as we can be. Every decision we make, we hope, keeps us on that path of being true to ourselves. But, since January of 2008, I have been faced with a dilemma the likes of which I have never had to deal with before.

I made a promise.

When most of us get involved in this field of research, we do so, because we either want answers, or we want to help those who want answers. I had no idea that I would have to sit and look at an alleged photo of a possible Bigfoot or a big hoax for this long. I have been torn between my responsibility to a witness and the promise I made, and the promises I make every day, to other witnesses that I will do whatever I can to get them answers. One way or the other, we all want answers.

This is not an easy thing for me. I have struggled with this every single day for the last 4 years. When I tell you, I have struggled; I mean every syllable of the word struggled. What is my responsibility to someone who refuses to talk to me, after involving me in something so potentially important? What is my responsibility to witnesses who want answers?

What is my responsibility?

What if this is a hoax? Do I have a responsibility to this community to give them a heads up about a good potential hoax that could be just around the corner?

We all think the answers are so easy, until we are faced with them.

I have made a decision.

This witness has sent me a photo. A photo which could either be the clearest image we have to date of a possible bigfoot – or a very clear image of a big hoax. I do not know which one. I have spoken with many professionals who are experts in their respective fields. All tell me the same thing, “You must get this person to re-establish contact.” I have emailed this witness over the course of these last 4 years. The emails have not been returned as “undeliverable” so I can only assume he is receiving them. When we corresponded he returned my emails within the matter of a few hours. So, I know he was using this email address, at one time. This witness also told me he did read this blog.

So, this morning I emailed him from both of my email accounts in one final effort to get him to respond. I am hoping he will read this article, and know I am simply looking for an answer one way or the other. I have a responsibility to not just him, but other witnesses out there, researchers, and my promise to do whatever I can to help get this animal the protection it deserves. Even if this is a hoax, this is a person with a lot of talent. I absolutely would want to know that, and any further intentions he may have.

This is the toughest decision of my life. But, I firmly believe I am doing the right thing for a number of reasons.

I sent this witness an email this morning. I am asking that this person respond to work with me. If he does not, I will publish the photo he sent me in January of 2008 in an attempt to gain more information about this photo (if there’s more information out there). I would also ask that anyone with any level of expertise that could contribute, please do so. I have spoken with a number of people and allowed them to examine the photo, but I am looking for as many opinions as I can find.

This witness told me he feared for the safety of the alleged animal in this photo. If that is true, now would be the time to step up, and do something.

-----------

Now, I am speaking directly, to this witness:

If you are serious about the protection of this animal against hunters or anyone looking to cause this animal harm, now is the time to contact me. You told me you were fearful this alleged animal would be shot and killed. If you are serious about this, then please return my email and work with me.

If this is a hoax, I can live with that. But, I need you to verify this.

I just want answers. Witnesses want answers. Researchers want answers. If you can provide those answers, either way, please respond to the emails I sent to you this morning, or please send in a comment to this blog (I will not publish the comment).

Let’s get this particular situation resolved one way or the other.

I do not want to break my promise to you. But I feel I have been left with no choice. When I made this promise to you, I also didn’t know, I would be forced to remain silent for so long with no resolution whatsoever. I have kept my promise thus far, which should tell you I am capable of keeping it longer. Whether or not, I release this photo, is completely up to you at this point. Either way, it’s time to stop playing games, and get to the heart of this particular photo.

At the end of the day, I have to be true to myself, and while my word is very important to me – I have also given my word to many other people and I am not keeping my promise to them.

There needs to be resolution in this matter. I hope you choose to contact me.

--------------

For those of you who may see this photo in the next 7 days (assuming this witness does not contact me) I simply say this:

When you see this photo – I bet it won’t take you more than 5 minutes to think of at least 20 people you can email it to. So, when you think about whether or not I am a person who takes her word seriously, take a few minutes to decide if you could have sat on this and remained silent for 4 years.

This is not about anything other than the serious need to end this mystery – one way or the other. I don’t care what the answer is – I just want an answer. I can’t justify my silence on this particular photo any more.

Either way, I will know I have done all I can.

- Melissa Hovey

Comments

  1. well lets start the insanity !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit like it may be a hoax photo after all and the guy behind it now getting cold feet, could be movie industry guys. Could also be the guy's quiet so he can sue when it's published without acceptance. I don't know, I say publish it as enough attempts at contact and warning's been given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what i was thinking on suing upon it's release. That's people for you these days.

      o0

      Delete
  3. Nice now we will have another PG situation to ponder and pick apart for the next 40 years. Cant wait to see it. You are doing the right thing Melissa Hovey thank you for not holding out on us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    You have been a wonderful steward of the trust this person placed in you it seems to me. If you don't hear from them, you have fulfilled your duty; post the photo. I worry now though that someone will pretend to be your source on the comments here just to keep you from posting. Go with your heart. If you have proof, that is what will go the farthest toward saving this species.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put out the photo right now, I command you!!!!


    I am the guy who gave you the photo. I say it is okay. Please put it out immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No your not. I'm the guy. I give you full freedom to release the photo.

      Delete
    2. I am the sasquatch photographed in the picture. All of this new found attention has landed me a few of the females here in th deep woods. I am giving you my consent to post my photo. Later, I would like the opportunity to pose in a few more provocative positions. You know, for the lady squatches to look at.

      Delete
  6. So what's up with this from another blog? Did the witness contact you already Melissa?



    Dear Witness.
    Thank you for contacting me yesterday via the comment section of this blog.


    While you’re making a decision on whether to re-establish contact, there are some things I would like you to know. I am fairly certain you are keeping track of the articles and comments on this blog. So I feel safe in the knowledge that you will read this.


    Let me start out by saying in the short time we had to get to know each other through email exchanges, we never lied to each other. So, I will not start doing that now. That is the “trust” you wanted from me and I needed from a witness.


    I know why you said you couldn't do this. Your fears are no different than those of many others. It is perfectly normal and okay to be afraid or concerned. But, this is where trust comes in. When you told me you couldn't do this, I honestly thought you would take a couple weeks to think about it then email me again. I never thought you would simply disappear. So let me say I am glad to be hearing from you at all.


    I don’t know exactly what it is you are afraid of or concerned about, although, I have my suspicions as I sit here and think back to one specific email. I can’t possibly know for certain, unless you tell me. If it’s fear that, who you are, will be discovered that’s where I come in. You have to trust that I can be that shield for you and you can bet I will be.


    4 years ago you needed to know you could trust me. You sent me the photo as proof of the trust you had in me. Now, let’s do what you said you wanted. Let’s work together and finish what we started. If the photo is legitimate let’s finish this. You have my promise that you will have complete and total anonymity.


    You are in control and you always have been. That has never been in dispute. Please email me so we can discuss your concerns and get this moving forward.


    Missmellie352000@yahoo.com Or; Searchforbigfoot.org@woh.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could the build up be any more dramatic. Give...me..a BREAK!! This could have taken all of 5 sentences to write. Everyone make sure they have a good bite on that hook, she's about to set it in your cheek and reel you in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems reasonable that if some random person got an unexpected photo of a bigfoot on a trail cam that they would seek out some authority to pass it along to, but the enormous effort to demonstrate the photo was submitted by an anonymous source does make it seem contrived.

      Delete
  8. I have to agree with all the above comments this is an awful lot of build up for this photo. SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best photo yet of what may or may not me a Bigfoot sounds totally meaningless. Cue the circus music!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly I think its all BS. She didn't get this photo 4 years ago and the build up is another marketing ploy. I am losing faith in these people and Melissa Hovey is losing all credibility by sitting on it. If it was legit it would have been out there 4 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. With the photo editing software available today no photo or video can ever be accepted as evidence unless it has been absolutely shown to be unaltered.

    new anony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't even have to be unaltered. Hollywood can produce great costumes or even a statue that is believable.

      Delete
  12. Yeah, as intriguing as all of this is, I can't say it will add anything to the field, even if it's a great shot. Especially if there is any debate about it being someone in a Ghille (sic) suit.
    There's just no way to go by photos at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think there are some valid questions that need to be raised, Why the timing regarding releasing this photo now? ( could this be timed to coincide with a rumored release of the DNA findings and the controversy surrounding Dr Ketchum and "the study"?

    Please bear in mind with so much junk and hoaxing...we are naturally going to be a bit aprehensive. To say it is as clear or clearer than the Patty stills means this photo is going to have some pretty big shoes to fill. I have my suspicions but lets wait and see what happens and see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even if it were the best BF pic ever, it would never come close to being conclusive. Just another attention starved BF blogger, letting all the new BF fanboys know that she's out there. Everything about Bigfooting goes in circles, round and round, then back again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fake, hoax, costume, bear, person wearing a fur coat,
    a klingon, beetlejuice... I'm betting these will be
    the debunkers and skeptic's answers with in the 1st hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should also be your first answer. The default position is one of disbelief until proven. As stated above, a picture in this day and age cannot be definitive proof. With today's software, costumes and ability to make life-like statues, we won't be able to tell one way or the other, even if this picture exists.

      Delete
  16. A still photo under these circumstances is worth zero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree., anonymous photographer, all this hype (countdown to release), strange backstory, 'creative hoax' has already been mentioned. Not good signs.

      If it was that good we would have seen it 4 years ago.

      Delete
  17. I've got a clear photo... I'll show it to you later. I have lots of clear HD footage including a face shot..... I'll show it to you later. I'm working on a comprehensive DNA study......I'll show it to you later. I shot two Bigfoot ... But I couldn't find the bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL Remember the Erickson project...where are those pics now? Ketchum's study, Matt Monkeymaker hearin Bobo crap and proclaiming it a "Squatch", and now this 5th-grade breakup drama of a blog entry? I can tell in about 30 seconds, seriously, if the photo shows a biological subject, how large subject is, and if the photo has been altered...give it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am tapping out. I can't take this I have a picture but need to hear from such and such from 4 years ago before I let it out. Dude just let it fly. Why hold back? I get you gave your word. Great. I don't think anyone could recognize a tree in the background and think to themselves, hey that is the back yard of 177 Swan lake rd in such and such county. Also why even tease that your gonna show it if you don't hear in 7 days. Weird in the sense that she is just looking for attention. Speaking of attention hounds! How's about Melba "I cannot talk about my DNA project,results, how many samples or even when a publish date might come" but I'll tell ya I have so much experience now in this field, I lease a place and observe them, they left me a gift, they shy away from cameras (convienant) and hey there hands are different from the russian hoax caught a few months ago. Just seems like people going for any attention grab that they can. Let's be honest and this shallow, if MK was a honest and truthfull person then her profile pic would reflect that. If and when anything comes out it will just be a bunch of dribble and as usual we will be left to come to our own conclusions.

    Oh, wait. Todd Standing says he gets chased out off his secret habitat site with video of rocks and trees coming down the side of a mountain,but MK gets presents and can watch them at anytime. Just another example of how they're full of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, unfortunately you are correct. Hell, I've been paying attention to this crowd for all of 6 months and I'm already burned out... Can you imagine spending years hanging on a thread, only to constantly disappointed ***every single time***?!?!?!

      Yeah, I think I'm out. I'll come back around when the evidence outweighs the obnoxious cartoonish characters...

      Delete
  20. I'm going to wait to see what, if anything happens.If I wanted to release a photo of a possible Bigfoot and read these comments, I would be less inclined to do so.
    I guess we won't know until we see it, or maybe we won't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice new avatar, SN!
      David from the PAC/NW

      Delete
    2. Agreed sasaqui but when you open your debate about a possible photo with a line of BS like that you are just trying to create hype rather than get to the bottom of something. To all the idiots talking about the person who took the pic waiting and sueing after its release they are uneducated. As long as she keeps the emails she sent to get in touch with this person there's her proof that she tried. Hell if you are trying to get a divorce and your ex won't sign all you have to do is have your request for divorce published in a noname news paper and after the alotted time it has not been contested then boon you get your divorce. A little off topic but the same results. She not only has emails but also posted it on this blog and if she isn't contacted she can release it. Plain and simple.

      Delete
  21. My vote is to not release the photo. Not unless the person who gave it to you agrees. So what if you are wrestling with thinking about it every day. If you made a promise you keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "I have been faced with a dilemma the likes of which I have never had to deal with before.

    I made a promise."

    "I have been torn between my responsibility to a witness and the promise I made,"

    "This is not an easy thing for me. I have struggled with this every single day for the last 4 years. When I tell you, I have struggled; I mean every syllable of the word struggled."

    "This is the toughest decision of my life."

    "I do not want to break my promise to you."

    "When I made this promise to you, I also didn’t know, I would be forced to remain silent for so long with no resolution whatsoever. I have kept my promise thus far, which should tell you I am capable of keeping it longer."

    "At the end of the day, I have to be true to myself, and while my word is very important to me – I have also given my word to many other people and I am not keeping my promise to them."

    "So, when you think about whether or not I am a person who takes her word seriously,"


    WHAT PROMISE?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just show it already!!!
    We want to see it. no more telling us about what you have and won't show it. Just show it already!
    Chad

    ReplyDelete
  24. Attention whore. Nothing more, nothing less.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Come on folks. This whole story is typical bigfoot BS.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Share any info the witness told you and show the photo so we can all argue about it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Don't show photo. Read the comments already posted about you. It will only get much worse once you show the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  28. When I was 10, I 100% believed. Now that I'm 50 it gets harder and harder to keep the faith. 40 years is a long time to wait for credible proof. If you have something worth seeing, then show it or shut up and lets move along!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Bigfoot Photo will be released today 2/23 at 1:00pm EST.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I saw the pic. It's Wendy Williams not Bigfoot. I can't blame anyone for the mis-identification.

    ReplyDelete
  31. although forced to choose "anonymous," i desire to be known as PASTEUR.

    i am very open-minded about most things yet will always be skeptical relative to such reports until provided sufficient data to make an educated determination. my initial reaction to this report is curious skepticism.

    i wonder if this event is being publicized to generate interest in the AMERICAN BIGFOOT SOCIETY and its upcoming conference(s). i noticed the prices to attend, which are not insignificant, and wonder about the price of membership in the ABS. hopefully, my skepticism and suspicions will be proven false..................

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story