The Bluegrass Bigfoot, Thursday at 7pm

Do you believe in Bigfoot? Is the mysterious creature in the Bluegrass? LEX 18's Nicole Pence- LEX 18 News investigates... Her story airs Thursday at 7PM on Evening Edition.

Local news station from Lexington, Kentucky (LEX 18) will be showing a special about the Bluegrass Bigfoot this Thursday at 7pm. If you're in that neck of the woods, you might want to check it out.

Update (11:51PM): This just in. Watch the special below:


There is little doubt that the state of Kentucky is one of the strangest places in the country. The “dark and bloody ground” of the Native Americans has given birth to accounts of UFO’s, flying creatures, Lizard Men and even werewolves. But one monster stands out above the rest – Bigfoot! There are so many sightings of these hairy giants in the Bluegrass State that it has come to be ranked as one of the most active for Bigfoot sightings east of the Mississippi River!

Below is a report from 2009 about a "Bigfoot In Bluegrass" encounter:
By NBC News Channel
Published: September 08, 2009

Conspiracy theorist have tried to prove the possibility of aliens, sea monsters, and even shape shifters, now there is a mystery Jefferson County. Kenny Mahoney, born and raised in Fairdale, snapped a picture of what some people are calling Big Foot.

His hunting camera, which is operated by a motion detector, normally picks up rabbits, deer and turkeys, but on September 1 around 2:15 p.m. it picked up a strange image that looks like some sort of large black creature, one Mahoney estimates taller than he.

"It looked like it had the outline of a head, and like gorilla type shoulders, and then the arms crossed is what it looks like to me," said Mahoney.

Mahoney said it would be very hard for him to believe Big Foot is living in his backyard, but is stumped as to what else it could be.

"One of the explanations my brother-in-law said it may be a garbage bag blowed up in there, but all the smashed over vegetation in there-I really don't know," said Mahoney. "I have no idea what it is."

Mahoney's wife Margaret sent the photo to a wildlife expert who specializes in black bears. She said it looks like it is fur and not a trash bag, but still cannot confirm it is a bear.

Comments

  1. I seen one in bluegrass, iowa. I was at west lake campground and I was taking the garbage out with my brother. As I threw away the garbage I just happened to look up in the woods and there was a tall, dark, hairy creature. He looked right at me and then he ran back in the woods. I asked my brother if he seen what I had seen and he said no laughing. It happened so fast he probably didn't see it. I knew what I saw and now I believe in bigfoot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story