True Story: The creature(s) in the Bald Hills


You can find some interesting stories on Reddit. Jamie S. on the "Coalition for Reason, Science, Sanity in Bigfoot Research" group found this fascinating story someone posted about a creature that visited his family's property one night in the Bald Hills, in Washingtons state. The Bald Hills is a unique place that houses prairies, oak forests and open grassy balds. It is located in southern Thurston county about 20 miles south of Yelm, far from major roads and major towns. On a clear day you can see from Mount Rainier to the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound.

The poster, Walnutterzz, recalled what happened about 10 years ago at night, when he and his friend heard some odd footsteps near the driveway:

First, let me start off by saying - this is all entirely true. I will not say the exact location of the events that took place, but I will say it all happened in the Bald Hills, in Wahington State. I don't necessarily know why they're called the Bald Hills, as they aren't really bald... It's filled with forests and woods, and deschutes river runs through it, the river was just behind me house, across a field we would generally keep our horses. Around the river was all rocky terrain, and just behind that - endless woods.

There were very few houses around there, it was literally in the "middle of no-where". This all happened - nine or ten years ago, back in 4th grade. Now that that's out of the way, let's get my story under way.

So, the house was occupied by 5 heads - 6 including a friend. Me, my 3 brothers, my oldest sister (she was the only one who could drive) and a friend. Our dad was a truck driver, so he was gone for long periods of time, and my mother lost the battle to cancer when I was 5 years old. So we invite our friend out after school to spend the weekend, he brought his PS2 and were ready to pull allnighters on GTA Vice City - Well, something else decided to change that.

When it was night me and my friend decided to go outside and bullshit (I was 10 or 11, he was 14) well, while we were outside in our yard, we began to hear footsteps in our driveway, which was very -odd-. Our yard was surrounded by a chain-linked fence, and two gates on different points of the yard, so while staying in the yard, we do our best to try and see if we could spot who was here, while remaining in hiding.
We couldn't see anything, it was much too dark, though we did manage to make our -something- wandering around in the driveway (it was a fairly large driveway, it lead up a steep hill) My friend bottled up the courage and yelled out to it, saying that it was on private property, which MAY have been a mistake. The foot steps stopped for a few seconds, then started towards us. I looked to my friends face - nothing but shock. Who ever or, what ever was walking around, it didn't say anything, it just started walking towards us. We bolted it inside, speaking faster than our minds could think, telling everyone of what was happening.

My sister was sleeping at the time, and we didn't want to bother her, but me and my friend were freaking the fuck out, and my three brothers were becoming a little concerned as well. So we woke up my our sister and told her to call the police. She just got pissed off because she figured we were losing it and told us to leave her a lone and that she had work in the morning. She eventually gave in and grabbed the dogs (we had 5) and went outside with a flashlight to take a look around. She put on her rubber boots and jacket - and went outside and walked around to prove us wrong that nothing was out there.

She walked out of the yard and around the outside of the chain-linked fence, me and my friend waited on the deck, watching her. She walking by an old wood shed where we - obviously stored wood and then... it happened. A blood curdling scream coming from inside the woods, just behind the woodshed, raised the hairs on my neck and stuck me with fear. My sister immediately shined the flashlight in the woodshed, me and my friend ran inside (cowards, I know). My sister came in a little after that, assuming it was just a raccoon, and that she didn't see anything else. That put us all at ease, and we went off to play GTA.

No more than an hour later we began to hear something footsteps in the mud around the house - we all froze again. My sister already went back to bed and we didn't want to wake her up again. We all paused the game, not making a move - the footprints made their way on the deck of the house, and they walked by the sliding glass door(luckily covered with curtains). They weren't steps like shoes or boots, more like padding, like feet. My oldest brother said we should all go into the basement and hide out in his room. We did just that, and we all grabbed a weapon of some kind, let it be a baseball bat or a kitchen knife. We all hung out in my oldest brothers room and I eventually fell asleep. When i woke up it was morning, I was very afraid to look outside through the windows - for fear of something looking at me. I finally managed to build up the courage to look and - nothing. Nothing was outside. Me and my brothers and my friend explored outside to see what we could fine. We found several footprints in the mud, and our picnic table was smashed to fucking hall, in pieces. The gates was bent and wouldn't open anymore, my dad had to fix them. We explored the back parts of the woods just by the house and what we saw, which wasn't there before - was a little TP made of sticks.(We'd kick it down, and it kept getting rebuilt the next day or two). From that day on we have been very frightened to explore the woods out there, however one day, a few years later just before we moved I was outside in the dark alone.

The only sound was the sound of the rushing river, and some wind rustling the large pinetrees. I was in the backyard alone, leaning up against the chain-linked fence with my flashlight, peering into the field behind the house, seeing if I could see anything interesting, (particularly the monster) Then I caught two glares - a pair of eyes, from inside the woods.

They were focused on me and, took several steps forward, out into the clearing and stopped. My flashlight wasn't powerful enough so all I saw were some eye glares. it was roughly 20-30ft away from me, but it was definitely close enough to get me startled. For a long time I just stood there, shining my flashlight at it, as it stared back at me. I was too scared to go up and look at it close up, so over a time, I turned around and headed back inside. That was the last time I saw the creature of the Bald Hills.

EDIT: There were other cases in which my two brothers and myself were swimming in our swimming hole down at the river, and we started hearing some rustling in the trees up on the cliff ledge that the river scraped by. We tried to resume cooling off in the river but we kept hearing strange noises, so my older brother climbed up the ridge to investigate. very gingerly he eased hi way around the large bushes and tree brush. Everything was silent, and, I will try to describe this to the best of my memory - I was watching my brother on the ridge, tiptoeing through the brush, when suddenly the large tree brush and bush shook violantly, and a very loud rumbling, and kinda like a vibrating sound erupted. My brother span around to try and run, nearly falling in the process, as he did he lashed his arms out to keep away what ever was watching us.

Me and my little brother still down by the water, immediately struck with fear, began to run and follow my older brother back to the house. We ran faster than we ever had before at that age. When we made it back to the house safely, we dared turn around - only to see nothing. Nothing chasing us, strange noises, it was very calm, like nothing had ever happened. It took a while to go back after that.

EDIT: The TP that we encountered in the woods kinda looked like this and other various things we found around our house that looked like this Those are all pictures we found when googling (or yahooing back then) bigfoot, or yeti.



Thanks for taking the time to read, I have had other encounters with the creature(s) before my last sighting of it, but I don't have the time to tell about that. If people find this interesting enough maybe I'll tell it but for now I'll just leave it at this.

[via Reddit]

Comments

  1. Don't miss out on the great comments on the original site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a bit disingenuous there Steve, don't you think?

      From the site...
      Redditt r/nosleep - About the "Everything is True" rule:
      r/nosleep is a place for you to go and read campfire-style scary stories written by fellow redditors. Stories should be believable, but realistic fiction is permitted. Readers are to assume everything is true and treat it as such as far as commenting is concerned. These stories are here for your entertainment. If a story is too unbelievable, please report it for mod review.

      And...
      Redditt r/nosleep Comment Guidelines:
      - No debunking, doubting, or disbelief.
      - Do not ask for proof.
      - Be respectful to one another.
      - This is not a writing workshop. Do not criticize anyone's writing skills here.
      - Comments should contribute to the discussion. GIFs and comments saying "Nope," "All aboard the nopetrain," "Then who was phone," and variations of those phrases will be removed at moderator discretion.

      So Steve, given the site rules and the commenting guidelines, what kind of comments did you expect?

      You are more intelligent than this...

      Delete
    2. Awfully long true account to climax in the sound of footfall, pretty weak really.

      Delete
    3. yep fake like all bigfoot evidence

      Delete
  2. The Real Knower Here,

    I've barely posted on this site, only 2 see that 90% of the posts that say "knower" were not written by me, but by several clever trolls.

    Don't take anything they say seriosely. Yes, the suit will come to light WITHIN a 16 week period. And yes, the paper is finished. And yes, i've spoken with an insider regarding Area x and the hoaxins on there. Thats pretty much it.

    Gonna go back to lurking. I'ts a bit hard to give out free info i've learned on a site where almost every poster is talking about anal sex all day.

    I will divulge my info to another site.

    It's been great guys.

    Enjoy the suit.

    And any posts from now on that say "the knower" no matter how well written, are simply not by me, but by trolls just making up shite and saying "the knower" at the end.

    Pro Tip: There is no Bigfoot.

    Yours Faithfully in Footin,
    The True Knower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see response to same post on "elk leg" video.

      Delete
    2. "finished" as in "dead," never to be seen, or as in "done" soon to be released?

      Delete
    3. Truth Tip: Bigfoots are real.

      Delete
  3. Shawn, once again please go back to the previous post where the Knower is caught using an anon account where he can be IP traced. Please do this and expose this coward. I can go back and pull the name of the article it was found in, but im pretty sure you already saw it. Please expose him and put his name out their for everyone to see. Hes a looser and knows absolutely nothing other than he is a fat piece of trash. Please look up his IP address and out him once and for all. Just let me know Shawn if you want me to tell you exactly where to locate it. Of if anyone out their knows how to look up an IP address from a comment on this site let me know, and ill direct you to the post so you can out this fool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to the Forum if you want only Bleever-approved content. The Mods are ruthless chopping any skepticism except in the un-moderated section they can't touch.

      Delete
    2. Anon 3:53 Noone reads and beleives "The Knower" posts, geesh! Obviously has some agenda and not forthcoming, just trolling...easily ignored and who cares? Nothing much on this site anymore deals with the serious aspects of Bigfootery, all in fun, even the Knower....seriously. Someone, a real person, is taking the time to make those posts, it's funny really if you think about it!

      Delete
    3. That post that you say he was "caught" in was proven to not be the knower.

      You, sir, are a paranoid, dribbling, idiot.

      Delete
  4. I'm bummed the Knower will not post any more. Hopefully, (s)he will point us to the site where future posts can be followed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish people would do better story telling. It is an ok story but there are huge giveaways that it is made up or was not as scary an incident. First, the farthest home on the Deschutes river to Yelm is 11 miles, not anywhere near 20. The GTA game was released in 2004, so eight years not nine or ten. If he was so afraid and can remember all the details like this, "I was in fourth grade... I was ten..." Why a range of nine or ten years?

    My ex lived out in the Bald hills off Reichel road. The Deschutes river was across Reichel about 1/4 mile away. This is where we had the ram killed and eaten, likely by coyotes. Most of the Deschutes valley is along Weyerhaeuser property. So big animals are around a lot. So why not make the story a little more accurate at least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Knower here...

    The post above is not me the real Knower. It also is not me but a hopeless troll posted the elk leg comments. I will not be mocked in at least found commenting by trolls in unison to sex acts unrelated to footing. Also I will never sign off with a pro tip...

    The Knower...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you sound like a little girl, ready to cry because someone took your dolly away. aaaw, poor baby.

      Delete
    2. Sorry pal.

      The knower is gone. Your just a troll. And a bad one.



      And any posts from now on that say "the knower" no matter how well written, are simply not by me, but by trolls just making up shite and saying "the knower" at the end.

      Delete
    3. The Knower here

      You are not anon 1206 the real Knower because you did not intro with the Knower title. Therefore you cannot be the real Knower. 1127 is the Knower as is this reply. The Knower is here to stay so tolls be on alert for the Knower.

      The Knower...

      Delete
    4. The Knower here

      Yes I know Bigfoot IS real. You want the reason I'm in this at all? Because we could, you know like the dog. Same reason any other faker will give you, we fooled you for awhile that's all;)

      We HAD a suit yes but plans got railroaded and ultimately abandoned. Do you really think we'd advertize this months ahead? No we WANTED a bomb here and it blew up before I could control it, hence the conflicting comments lately by trolls and impostors:(

      I'm no technical wizard but personally I thought the result resembled Patty, it's partly on grounds of business betrayal we've parted company with our initial suitmakers.



      Best Wishes
      The Knower

      Delete
  7. The (real) Knower here.

    The above people are not me. There have been several attempts to discredit my posts here. The suit will be revealed in 4 weeks, hopefully in time for Thanksgiving. That way you'll have 2 turkeys to help you celebrate!


    Best Wishes
    The Knower

    ReplyDelete
  8. The (real) Knower here.

    ^^^ those arent by me. And any posts from now on that say "sally" or "the knower" no matter how well written, are simply not by me, but by trolls just making up shite.

    Best Wishes
    The Knower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Knower here

      Yes I know Bigfoot IS real. You want the reason I'm in this at all? Because we could, you know like the dog. Same reason any other faker will give you, we fooled you for awhile that's all;)

      We HAD a suit yes but plans got railroaded and ultimately abandoned. Do you really think we'd advertize this months ahead? No we WANTED a bomb here and it blew up before I could control it, hence the conflicting comments lately by trolls and impostors:(

      I'm no technical wizard but personally I thought the result resembled Patty, it's partly on grounds of business betrayal we've parted company with our initial suitmakers.



      Best Wishes
      The Knower

      Delete
  9. The Grower here

    Like Sasquatch, I can get pretty large !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Story author here. First off, I'd like to thank you so much for posting my story, I didn't expect it to get any popularity what so ever. Next, I'd like to say that I could not help but smile at those saying this was fake. I really don't give a horse shit what you say, this was ten years ago, life has moved on, and my family have long forgotten this incident. I know my writing skills aren't too great, though I wish they were, so I could tell what happened better. This was just an experience that scared me half to death and made us never want to go exploring in the woods as kids any more. Our friend was always over, and just got fed up with us not wanting to go anywhere anymore and just said "you guys have no sense of adventure ever since the Wookie showed up" (I didn't know much about Star Wars so I didn't know what a Wookie was). Also, when our dad came home we told him of what happened that night, he said we were crazy, checked his wine bottles, then pulled out a rifle and a small box of ammo. The rifle sat in the corner of his room for the remainder of the time we lived out there. To this day I'm probably the only one who looks back at this night, it'll always be the most memorable moment for me as a kid, and I'll take it to my grave. Thank you to those who take the time to read my story and being appreciative, thank you to the one responsible for making my story known.

    Peace-

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Knower Jr here,

    I am the son of The Knower. Im sorry to say my father is very delusional. We usually keep tabs on him but he was using my wifes computer when we werent around.

    My father (knower) is very sick. He likes to tell stories and be the center of attention. Add that to the fact that alcohol has really ruined his brain and maybe you can understand what im talking about.

    I do apologize for anything he has said or if he has belittled other posters. He has done that to our family for years.

    After Mom died i has no choice but to take him in. He needs 24/7 care. I will try to keep him off the computer. He started watching finding big foot a few months back and has been obsessed with the topic since.

    Last yr he saw something about the moon landing and then claimed he knew Neal Armstrong and it was all fake blah blah blah.

    Ill say it again. He is sick and delusional and anything he ever said take with a grain of salt.
    Folks you all seem like great people and just wanted to let you know what he really "knows". Hell some days he will wake up and he doesnt even know who he is. He has wet brain and early symptoms of dementia.

    I was only able to find out he was posting here because he left the laptop open and i hit the back button and saw what he posted. Ive gone over some other articles to see what else he had posted. And saw some folks were getting upset and tryin to argue with him.

    If he does post on here again just remember your reading a post from a 69 yr old alcoholic with wet brain and early onset dementia.

    Sorry again and Have a great day,

    Joseph Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weak attempt to defuse a situation but it’s probably all you’re capable of. doubtful that anyone will buy your story. just keep your “dad” and, more importantly, his bullshit claims far from here. maybe you can also impress upon your “dad’s” wet brain that your words, phrases and style are triggering the algorithmic response and not any specific signature, or lack thereof. you got something to say, provide proof along with the claim and let the chips fall where they may. otherwise, shut the hell up and lurk like they rest of us.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story