This Is Not A Werewolf Paw


On September 5th, 2012, Cryptozoologist Dr. Karl Shuker received some photographs of a possible werewolf paw. According to Ben Coult in England, he found the strange hand in the middle of the road while bike riding with his friends in Durham county. Ben said a number of people looked at it, including an ex-taxidermist, but no one was able to identify it.

Here is Ben's story:

"I have an interesting artefact that I found about 15 years ago and was wondering if you would be interested in me sending you through a few photos of it?

"Firstly let me assure you that I am fairly well versed in the subject, having read Heuvelmans and Sanderson for years, and was recently referred to your website by a friend. Also I have a solid upbringing in local natural history and many contacts in that field.

"I shall now elaborate, firstly I am from a small village in the north east of England in county Durham (an area not known for unusually large mammals), when I was about 16 myself and a friend were riding bikes through the village when I spotted something in the road which looked for all the world like a poorly stuffed hand. I jumped off the bike and retrieved it and it turned out to be just that. At the age of 16 the 'hand' was only marginally smaller than my own, it has a tough leathery pad on the palm and was obviously heavily haired on the back although (it is obviously quite old) the hair is now sparse. The hand has five 'fingers' each equipped with a 20 to 30 mm claw, these are heavy and curved and look similar to Sloth or Ratel claws.

"I have had numerous people look at it including a family friend who is the ex-taxidermist for the Hancock museum in Newcastle and no-one has been able to identify it yet apart from saying 'it could be' or 'it looks like'. Another strange twist to this is that the wrist of the hand has been twisted together and dried, this looks like it must have been done when the specimen was originally stuffed, and a purple ribbon was tied around the pinched in wrist.

"The hand has been sat on my bookcase for 15 years now although I still try and get people to identify it from time to time, hence this email. If you are interested please drop me an email and I will send through a couple of pictures."
On Dr. Shuker's Facebook page, some have suggested that the paw probably belongs to a bear, monkey, sloth, mole, turtle, or even a werewolf.

To find out what Dr. Shuker thinks about the paw, click here.

Comments

  1. Kangaroo back scratchers? that's weirder than a werewolf paw almost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'a a ball scratcher if I've ever seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Now we're posting supposed werewolf hands, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear God! What next? And where is the FB/FB fantastical footage!!! I just got home from work and was expecting the footage to be on here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would think having nails like that would be more of a detriment than an asset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read the article. Dr. Shuker has a cool site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. were you born with shit for brains or did you facilitate the process yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaahaaaa.......That is the best line I've ever heard :)

      Delete
  8. Does anyone else find it really annoying when people say they have something and you can see it if you email them?
    Yes I know I annoy you but I like it here and it educates me and amuses me.So I think I'll stay.Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, how do we know it's NOT a werewolf hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B/c it should have turned back to it's human state..doi.

      Delete
    2. Even if said were wolf were killed with a silver bullet?

      Delete
    3. They would of had to chop the hand off with a silver bladed sword and dunked it in holy water. that way the evil cannot hide.

      Delete
    4. It could have been a wolf were. That is a wolf that can change into a human for all you uneducated folks.

      Delete
  10. I used to be a Werewolf, but i'm alright nowwooooohooohoowwaa

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a hand of Dogman's British cousin..Dogchap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Knock Knock.
    Who's there.
    Dogman.
    Dogman Who?
    Dogman Whhoooohooowoowooohhhooooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. My problem is I never finish anyth

    ReplyDelete
  14. what the ... i skipped my news. (i can't run tv and internet the same time.) to see what the hoopla is about with fb/fb . where is it.. i figued it would be all fluff and no stuff

    ReplyDelete
  15. Come on! where is the FB/BF news? it's almost my bed time. I already have my BF PJs on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FB/FB are NOT going to releasing anything today but maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a kangaroo paw. I have 15 kangaroos as pets and know what they look like. Sure they are imaginary roos, but the paw is an exact match. Their names are Hoppy, Bouncy, Jumpy, Boing, Fred, Tito, Herman, Jeff, Menachem, Susie, Patty(not named after the most famous squatch), LuLu, Bitey, Bill and Otto. I would post photos of their paws, but they never show up on my camera?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which paw jerks you off or is your weiner imaginary too?

      Delete
  18. The hoof got caught in the grill and I gotta hack it off..You you know the hoof, it'd be a sin to just leave it there

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks very sloth-like, but I am not an expert.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kangaroo hand for sure.... seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its the hand of either a marsupial or mole like animal. Jesus christ people....

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is curious. Appears to have an opposing thumb, but it is difficult to say for sure. Why is only part of the hand photographed? Why not show entire hand? And what is with the ruler? From it, you can see that the fingers are approximately 2" long, but that is about it. If the intent is to show that the entire hand (including claws) is about 8", which it could be if the end of the ruler is even with the wrist stub, then why not show that? Not that many animals with opposing thumbs. Never really seen primate hands with such long claws.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story