Woman refuses to go back into woods after witnessing a sasquatch pounce on a snake


This encounter happened back in 2005 near Crossville, Tennessee. It is the first Bigfoot sighting from Cumberland County to be submitted to the BFRO database. The witness finally decided to report her sighting after watching the Finding Bigfoot show on TV.

According this report, a woman living near a nature preserve decided to get some exercise one day and went hiking in a heavily forested area. She came upon an old road or a path of some sort and out of nowhere, a large ape-like creature jumped out from the woods and pounced on a snake on the ground. The woman was frozen as she observed the creature stand up, holding the snake by the head.

The witness has a professional business background, and according to the investigation report by Thomas Bruns, she is also a professional photographer and sounds very credible.

Read the report below.

I live in a retirement community known as Fairfield Glade on the Cumberland Plateau in East Tennessee. Knoxville is the nearest large city and is 65 miles east. Our little community is surrounded on almost three sides by a state forest and the Catoosa Wildlife Refuge. We have an over abundance of "protected" wildlife of all kinds (including too many deer, in my opinion) that venture, at will, into our community. Always the bold tomboy, I preferred to get my exercise by hiking the heavily forested back roads and trails near our home instead of playing golf as my husband did. I never hiked more than 6 miles from home, and always in the early morning. One morning, I was approximately 4 miles from my home when I came upon an unexpected sunny clearing that seemed to have been an old road or path at one time because it was grassy and void of underbrush or trees. On my hikes I am normally under a full canopy of very tall trees. So the sunlight was an unexpected pleasure. As I rounded a curve and my eyes caught the filtered sunlight from the clearing, I observed a large ape-like creature jump from the woods and pounce at something on the ground. I abruptly froze. In a flash, the creature stood back up holding a long snake by the head. Just as quick as this happened, the creature disappeared back into the cover of the woods alongside the clearing. I remained still for a moment contemplating whether the animal had seen me and how best to protect myself. I literally heard my heart beating. I quickly ruled out tree climbing and decided the only alternative was to turn in the opposite direction and run as fast as my legs would carry me. I ran nearly all the way home. I was so disturbed by what I had seen, I decided that no one would believe it, so I never told anyone. That was about 5 or 6 years ago, and my husband has since died. Over the years, I have tried to convince myself that I really didn't see the thing that has so frightened me that morning in the woods. I tried to convince myself that I had somehow imagined it; however, the vivid memory persists. To this day, I have never set foot in any woods again, essentially breaking a very longstanding and much revered habit that day. I am still fearful of seeing that creature again. I have always been a sober-minded individual, not at all given to making up fantasies or stretching the truth as I know it. I was completely caught off guard and stunned the other day when an ad spot for your show came across my TV screen.

After watching your show, I am now convinced that I actually did see what I thought I saw that day on my last hike.

Your show also brought to mind the night a few years ago. This happened well after my experience in the woods. My husband and I were sitting on our deck looking up at the stars, so clearly visible up here on a clear night in the dark woods of the Cumberland Plateau. We were quietly listening for the Whipoorwill who nests every year in the woods across our street. He calls relentlessly for a mate every night during season. Piercing through the peace and tranquility we heard the most horrific deep bellowing scream from what seemed like some distance away. We had both been leaning way back in our lawn chairs admiring the night sky, and almost fell out of our chairs in shock. I remember my husband abruptly stood up and said we should go inside and he added that he had never seen a mountain lion big enough to scream like that. I did not make the mental connection to the scream we heard and the creature I had seen a few years prior until I saw your show and heard your team members calling out to bigfoot. Oh my gosh! That was the same sound! I must confess that I am a reluctant convert!

Report # 31005 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, November 05, 2011.
Early morning walker witnesses a sasquatch pouncing on a snake east of Crossville
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2005
SEASON: Summer
STATE: Tennessee
COUNTY: Cumberland County
LOCATION DETAILS: It was within a few miles of the community stables and Dorcester Golf Course, roughly between Fairfield Glade (Peavine Rd), I-40, and the village of Crab Orchard, but beyond the FFG subdivisions.
NEAREST TOWN: Crossville is closest town in the county.
NEAREST ROAD: Peavine road


Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Thomas Bruns:

I contacted this witness and found her to be very credible. She has a professional business background, and is also a professional photographer. I have the following to add from our conversation:

The area where her sighting occurred was on an old trail wide enough for one vehicle. The creature was described as having brown/black hair, approximately 2-3 inches in length, which appeared muddy and unkempt. The head did seem to be larger in the back than the front sloping forehead, and the neck was very short. The one cheek she could see appeared “fat” and the skin a black/charcoal color in the sunlight. She only noticed one side of the head. The animal was estimated to be six feet in height and was viewed at a distance of around 100 feet. It was very agile as it jumped out and grabbed the snake. The animal appeared “solid” with equal girth between shoulders, chest, and body.

This sighting occurred south of the Catoosa Wildlife Management area, in middle/north TN. This area has 80,000 acres of protected land with numerous creeks, gorges, and abundant wildlife. The close proximity to Fairfield Glade allows these animals to wander freely in this developing community, providing a large local population of deer, turkey, and other wild animals. This entire area, overall, has the essentials for providing a prime sasquatch habitat.

[via bfro.net]

Comments

  1. Well I guess we can put snakes on their diet. Pretty incredible thing to witness. Too bad it scared her from going on her hikes. Maybe now that she has come to terms with it and does some research, she might not be so frighted and could continue these hikes. However I know a friend of mine quit bow hunting in Michigan, after he witnessed an 8 foot plus one 10 years ago in the Huron National Forest at only 100 feet away, and still shakes when he talks about it to this day.

    Chuck in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Protected land. I am not surprised by that at all. I think this is a good deal why Native American people and BF had a symbiotic relationship where BF knew that it was safe on their lands and would not be pursued. My strange encounter in West Virginia was on a mountain preserve where there was no hunting allowed and tons of creeks and lakes, hundreds of deer and hundreds of wild turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My professional serum studies have proven beyond reasonable doubt that Sasquatch is immune to the venom of all manner of snake including the deadly bite of the boa constrictor, sometimes known as the Taipan.

    These studies, along with my heightened intellect has deduced that this woman is being untruthful. I will explain: Even though Sasquatch is immune to envenomation he would not grasp a serpent by the head for he would not want to be bitten - would you? Grabbing a snake by the head would allow the snake to bite you since, clearly, that is where the teeth reside.

    No need to thank me for sharing my insight, it is always my please to educate the uneducated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A boa is non venomous... just saying...

      Delete
    2. It is not the same as a taipan... boa is a different type of snake.

      Delete
    3. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipan

      Delete
  4. @ the Naturalist: Autumnforest is here. Why don't you propose?

    re: talkback on What is the biggest controversy in Bigfoot research article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, another entirely unsubstantiated bigfoot encounter story. Now, if the snake was a venomous rattler or cotton mouth and it bit the sasquatch and it died soon thereafter and then the woman went back to get her ATV and dragged the dead sasquatch carcass back to civilization for the world to see, that would be a worthwhile story

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the story. Autumn, is your strange encounter story written somewhere? I'd like to read it too if it has something to do with bigfoot.

    Some of you skeptics are just too skeptical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe Naturalist is really starting to sound like MM? anybody else think that? it seems "it" has an explantion for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually my bad. Maybe MM when he's on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one lucky lady because Bigfoot, big hairy male bigfoot just love women and if he had spotted you he would have tied your hands together with that viper and slung you over his back and carried you off to his cave. Also prepare to change your name to Jane and having hairy kids !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not exactly a surprise - snakes provide protein - I know a Bataan death march survivor who said the prisoners ate them happily. And Naturalist - grasping a snake behind its head allows you to control it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to be educated by the naturalist. Perhaps he can educate us on how a Taipan is a boa constrictor? That is about as dumb as you can get lol. There are many constrictors and boas and the taipan is not one of them but thanks. As for the immunity of Sasquatch well yes I cannot refute your obvious scintillating research on that topic but once again, expert snake handlers always control the snake by the head usually positioning it by initially lifting from the tail so they can safely get behind the snake and the head and control it. I will admit that sounds like a pretty human action for a sasquatch to be responsible for..... but hey just maybe!

    Or perhaps you were just being facetious?

    Hope I have not inadvertently ruined your chances with Miss Forest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naturalist is a troll, a realy good one at that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. While we're on the subject of trolls let me elucidate my theory on Sasquatch being a troll and vice versa (correctly pronouncedˈvīs ˈvərsə)-- you will find there are some striking similarities:

    Both the troll and Bigfoot and subternatural beings, that is to say they are not the equal of man. To enslave a subternatural being is not a sin in the eyes of Nature, as outlined in my paper, "Bigfoot chained: why Nature thinks this is an excellent idea."

    The etymological origin of both "Troll" and "Bigfoot" can be traced back to one man: Leif Erikson (nee Garrett), circa 1020. His famous quote, "Børk! Børk! Børk! Dere is Der Bigfoot!" is the earliest known reference to the creature we know as Sasquatch. All earlier references were incorrectly translated from the Queen's English to American English as "troll" but should have been translated as "troglodyte."

    If I'm going too fast please read more slowly.

    A troglodyte, as many of you don't know is a what the under-educated call a "caveman." Are you still with me? Troglodytes are thought to dwell in mountains, or isolated caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely considered attractive by human beings.... ut, my teapot is whistling! I must go.

    Happy learning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anyone ever wonder whether the Squatch had been paralleling the lady in the woods and removed the snake to protect her?

    ReplyDelete
  15. 10/10 Naturalist. A lot of people would probably believe what you just said.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol Matt, gone from Shawn's mentor to The Naturalist...eh?

    I loved the Caveman song from the 70's believe it was called "Troglodyte".

    Lets see let me go look it up for you...ok here it is-"Troglodyte (Cave Man)", a funk song by the Jimmy Castor Bunch on their 1972 album It's Just Begun. Am I the only one who remembers it?

    And yes to Anonymous who asked about the thought Sassy jumped the snake to protect her did occur but I get the idea in the circumstances she had just started around a curve and it truly might have not been aware she was there???

    The question I have is what would I have done in that situation? How about you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would also love to see a sketch of what she saw!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The best I can do is a xylography image of Bigfoot vs. Abraham Lincoln that I created on my lunch break.

    Xylography, as many of you don't know, is a relief artistic technique in printmaking in which an image is carved into the surface of a block of ice, Styrofoam or cheese.

    Bigfoot vs. Honest Abe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmmm my neighbor has been doing that for years but he uses wood and his chainsaw, axes,knifes and and adze. Bless his heart he just calls himself a wood artist. Wait till I tell him he's a Xylographist!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Knives not knifes...LOL big spelling error...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really quickly I want to point out something that seems counter-intuitive at first. If you want to pick up a snake, the head is the safest place. If you pick it up anywhere else it can twist around and bite you. If you grab it at the back of the scull, it has no joints to let it reach back. Same principle with any animal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I live a few miles from FFG in Crossville TN. There are all kinds of snakes here.A lot of them are non poisonous. So if it had bit him ,it might not have hurt him/her, I have often wandered about things in all the woods around here. One night, late at night I heard something terrible in the field across from our house. I didn't know what it was. Never did find out. And I haven't heard it since. We own 17 acres of woods. and there is no hunting on our property. So there are all kinds of animals here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone4. I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this issue.
    If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Thanks!

    my web site: click

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story