Ranae Holland talks about what it's like being "The Skeptic" on the Finding Bigfoot show


Lately, we've heard a lot from the Finding Bigfoot boys about what it's like looking for Bigfoot on the show, but what about Ranae Holland, the only skeptic on the team? We haven’t heard much from her, so we found this article about her.

According to the article from ArgusLeader.com, Holland was a professional field biologist with many research studies to her credit, and initially she was very reluctant to associate her name with the Animal Planet TV show.

There's a lot more to the story, but here's a snippet:

Ranae Holland doesn’t believe furry, humanlike animals are roaming mostly undetected across North America.

But the former Sioux Falls resident, billed as the “skeptical biologist” of TV’s Animal Planet team of researchers looking for a Bigfoot creature, says a lot of other people do.

Some of the people they meet have wild tales, and even blurry, shaky videos they show Holland and her research team on “Finding Bigfoot,” a TV show that started its second season Jan. 1 . Holland says she keeps an open mind, listens to people’s stories and researches clues.

The Seattle and New York City resident applies scientific methodology and protocol to the expedition’s investigations across the country and in Canada.

“Finding Bigfoot” is trying to verify the existence, or nonexistence, of the hulking creature also referred to as a sasquatch. One of the second season’s 10 episodes is shot in northern Minnesota, at Moose Lake.

So did they find Bigfoot?

“I can’t believe you’re asking me that!” Holland said last week by phone from Death Valley where she’s now doing some non-Bigfoot-related research. “You’ll just have to watch and see. We definitely had some very interesting experiences out there.”

At first, Holland, 41, was reluctant to be associated with the TV show.

She’s a professional field biologist with many research studies to her credit. Those include the Alaska Salmon Program, where she specialized in interactions between brown bears and salmon. Maybe that’s a way Bigfoot finds food, the show’s creators reasoned.

“They came to me and asked if I would do this, and I said, ‘Absolutely not!’ ” Holland said. “I was very hesitant to be a scientist affiliated with Bigfoot, let alone being edited any way they wanted.”

But she talked with professional colleagues and mentors, who all said she should go for it, especially considering she has a history with Bigfoot. As a youngster, she and her dad were interested in the possibility of the existence of such a creature.

You can read the rest of the article here.

Comments

  1. Another one of the FB team that is a pleasure to listen too. I would really like to know some more info on that Minnesota episode. Sounds like it could be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Ranae's assertion that most Bigfoots are interdimentional travelers who have come to this plane seeking the sticky nectar found only in North American pine cones.

    I know Ranae's radical "Out there" impressions of the Big Man probably irritate team scientists, Bobo, Cliff & Matt, but I believe what she believes! She is a well-informed lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does believe! She had an "encounter" of her own which is what eventually led to her getting a spot on the show. Unfortunately, she's just a paid skeptic.

      Delete
  3. She is awesome. I love that she can hold her own against those men. Sass and brass, says it like it is. I appreciate that. I cannot believe she's in her 40s. I had her pegged at 32. I love her attitude and that she won't let people bend her opinion. She needs the proof she seeks to believe it and nothing else will do. They need her on that team. Someone has to keep from determining everything is a squatch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that even the female viewers can agree with me...
    This chick is HOT!!

    (I think it is the brains that tie it all together)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rumor has it that she knocked up Bobo,
    it's going to be announced on the last episode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Ranae should host the show by herself. The other three, All I can say is please. I thought Cliff would be okay, but every time Bobo or Matt fart it is a Bigfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore her. I want to take her shopping, but I adore her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Rictor" LOL

    Without her on the show keeping the boy's grounded it would get real bad real fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's in New York City right now. If you want to take her shopping in NYC, she might be down for that ... if she can use your credit card. Send her a tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm, I'd like to get me some Ranae, if she is into guys, if not I'd love to watch her and her girlfriend :-)~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story