Hairy biped in Malaysia terrorized young women over the Christmas holidays [Cryptids]

Orang Minyak

Around December, while everyone else around the world celebrated their holidays in peace, some people in Malaysia were being terrorized by a Bigfoot-like creature known as the orang minyak or "oily man". Natives of the region claim that this large, hairy biped attacks rural villages by night and carries off young women.

According to an MSNBC article by deputy editor of Skeptical Inquirer, Benjamin Radford, this is what happened to residents in a city called Melaka, where most of the indigenous Malays live:

Around Christmas, something unusual was seen in Malaysia, and it wasn't Santa Claus. Residents of the Kampung district of Melaka were alarmed over reports of the orang minyak (Malay for "oily man"), a bizarre monster said to abduct young women by night throughout Malaysia. The creature has been occasionally sighted for decades, but never captured.

According to a report in Malaysian newspaper The Star, there were multiple sightings over the Christmas holidays. One eyewitness saw it "crawling up the stairs of the house, just like Spider-man. When it reached the top it suddenly jumped onto the roof. I don't think a human could do that. It then just disappeared. ... We can laugh and joke about it, but this is serious. All the families here have young girls."

The orang minyak is a funny character. Some folks believe it is a supernatural creature; others say it's a human warlock who coats himself with grease as black as his soul. The shiny black grease not only looks scary and disgusting but is said to help him escape capture; no one can grab him so he slips through pursuers' fingers. (Of course if a person actually covered himself that way, greasy hands and feet would make it difficult to turn doorknobs or run around, not to mention crawl up the sides of buildings or grab a struggling captive.)

No matter if the orang minyak is implausible, it's feared in many places throughout Malaysia. Villagers don't trust police to protect them and have instead taken to the streets on citizen patrol, armed with machetes, to seek out the monster. The orang minyak is only one of many similar mythical beasts in the region. There's also the orang ekor (the "tailed man," a race of men and women who have tails); the orang gadang (the "big man," a 10-foot-tall beast with long hair), and the orang bati (the "flying man," a creature that stands about 5 feet tall, has black, leathery wings, and allegedly makes its home in dormant volcanoes).

While these creatures are rooted in myth and folklore, some people argue that the orang minyak is not a creature of folklore but instead a real, but unverified, monster akin to Bigfoot. According to Michael Newton in his "Encyclopedia of Cryptozology: A Global Guide" (McFarland and Co., 2005) the orang minyak "is an aggressive unknown hominid or primate reported from peninsular Malaysia. Natives of the region claim that this large, hairy biped attacks rural villages by night and carries off young women." It's not clear what he (or she - they can't all be males if there's a thriving population of them) does with these young women, but it's probably not pleasant.

By far the best known of all these is the orang pendek, or "short man," that has been reported in the forests of Sumatra. This pot-bellied creature is said to stand between 2 and 5 feet tall and range in color from yellow to dark black. Some believe that the hard evidence for the orang pendek is far better than for Bigfoot or the orang minyak, though that's not saying much.

[via www.msnbc.msn.com]

Comments

  1. A Large Hairy Biped that carries off woman?
    AF, you paying attention?

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that I'm always in the wrong place??? Of course, I prefer the North American version because I'm a tall gal, like my boys tall too. This reminds me of the critter on that wicked episode of Destination Truth when Josh was leaving out cigarettes and booze to attract the little monkey man and he laughed because (as only Josh can say it) "If I left cigarettes and booze on my doorstep at night, it'd be gone in the morning too."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Destination Truth is such the biggest piece of shit show on television.

      Delete
  3. I heard a commotion over here at Mr. Naturalist's place so I come over to check on him and the door is wide open and the place is in shambles! Cocoa, cookie crumbs and hair everyone!

    I don't think we're going to see Mr. Naturalist again, Somethin' musta got him.

    Too bad, looks like he had somethin' big planned. I see a fancy tuxedo, red roses and a love note to someone named "Autumnforest."

    This is tragic, I tells ya, tragic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut up naturalist ill snuff you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say it isn't so. I'm devastated. Intelligent men in jeeps are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the "Naturalist" and all his friends, cohorts and associates...there is a not-so-kind term for the likes of you - ATTENTION WHORE. Please, everyone on here (that includes you, Ms. Forest) - IGNORE this buffoon. It would be most refreshing to open an article here and not see his boorish misuse of this already overburdened comment section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same could be said for you and your friends, cohorts and associates

      Delete
  7. To Anonymous above, if that is your real name: We don't need trolls like you commenting nonsense when we're trying to study Bigfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm to Anonymous above Bigfeetmeanbigshoes...

    My suggestion whether you want it or not-This is Shawn's board. If you have a problem discuss it with him.

    In the meantime if you don't like what you see don't read here.

    I learned to scan over any info I felt was unimportant in high school.

    With kindest regards,
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm genuinely sorry, Blondie. After reading Bigfeetmeanbigshoes and your comments I realized my reaction to the Naturalist was childish. I have a problem with infantilism (adult baby syndrome) and I let it show here on the Bigfoot Blog. Please forgive me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I apologize for calling you an attention whore, Mr. Naturalist. I have secretly enjoyed your lessons and feel like a better, more intelligent person for having read them.

    I feel indebted to you and I'm sorry to hear that you've gone missing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Autumn,
    I'm so sorry for your loss.Perhaps he had a female sassy admirer unknown to him that became jealous?
    I did enjoy his opining...

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL ....anonymous...no comment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous chill man. So what if it annoys you just skip over it. Sometimes the comments are very funny and can make someone laugh who is having a bad day, like when I was sick yesterday his back and forth with Autumn was funny. Just skip it and read what you want unless your a fan of censorship.

    ReplyDelete
  14. me to would like to say sorry for saying id snuff you naturalist

    please come back safe

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of the things I like about this blog are the unique individuals who come here.
    Mr.N has always been polite and certainly never offended me.
    I'm not picking on those commenting negatively about Mr.N,I'm only saying that I enjoyed his comments.
    At least he's friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree with SasquaiNation and bigfoot's broski...Thank you both...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Snuff???My great grandparents used to chew the stuff. I've got some empty jars around here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww how sweet-to the Anonymous(about 10 comments up above) who apologized to me thank you so very much. That was very kind.
    My hat is off to you my friend of many names.;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your welcome Blondie and I'm sorry to Autumn you see Naturalist isn't missing he is chillin with my Broski Big. You see Nat and I have always wanted to learn the language of the Samurai Warrior and when we heard those tapes earlier today on the Bigfoot that speaks Russian and the previous one who speaks the language of the Samuari, Nat had to fake a kidnapping to get out of work. Don't worry he will be back soon to sweep you off your feet as soon as Big is done teaching us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the info Bigfoots Broski and thank goodness he's not in the clutches of a jealous Ms.Sasquatch. Good luck to you two and I'm sure one of you will share what you've learned with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Autumn, if things were to go awry with your beau, never fear as I too am known to be an intelligent soul and also have in my stable a nice convertible Jeep.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nat--watch out, Mike is sounding quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I could believe that if an animal taste human flesh that it would strike again, maybe that's what these apes are doing for years. There's stories of these guys taking children and putting them into baskets, maybe this is what this is, or just an hoax.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story