A Bigfoot was hit by a car in VA on October 23rd. The driver explains what happened






BFRO Investigator Tyler Bounds, the driver who had a 2AM collision with
a Bigfoot, tells us what happened...


Around October 22 / 23, BFRO investigator Tyler Bounds from Washington reported that he had hit a Bigfoot while driving near High Knob VA at around 2 AM. We wrote about this incident yesterday and just a few minutes ago, the driver Tyler Bounds himself left us a comment:

From the horses mouth........

Hey everybody,

so here is how events of that night (Oct 22/23) played out. For the Virginia episode of 'Finding Bigfoot', the afternoon of Oct. 22 I had to go to an area 90 minutes away from our base, and set up some bait stations. Due to a lack of communication, I had to return to the area later that evening and set up some more bait stations. This kept me out in a remote mountain area until 1:25am (I noted the exact time I left so the show's field coordinator would know how long it would take to go to and from the site, for scheduling purposes.) As I left the gravel road and got onto a two-lane, curvy secondary road, I noted that it was very foggy, due to a large creek adjacent to the road, and because I was down in a hollow (or "holler", as the locals call them). After a few miles, I left the secondary road, and turned onto a two-lane highway, still shrouded in fog. It was now 1:50am. As I was driving the rental Dodge Grand Caravan, I looked down for a moment to set the cruise control and get myself up to 55mph, and was momentarily stymied by the amount of glowing buttons on the steering wheel (remember, I had been hiking all day long, both in the daytime and at night, and had spent a great deal of time sitting on my butt, so I was fairly exhausted). Now, this is where things happened, very quickly.

As I looked up from the steering wheel back to the road, I noticed a large (as tall or taller than the van), upright, all black "figure" stationary, on the centerline (or just to the right of the centerline). I say "noticed" a figure, but, in reality, as I looked up, I was right on top of it. The van shuddered, the drivers' side mirror was forcefully folded into the vehicle, and I felt and heard the object hit the side of the van behind me, like a slapping sound. I stopped the car, after some choice cursing and a lot of "what the f@#k?!?" and tried to look in the side mirror to see behind me, but the mirror had been cranked towards the van. I looked in the rearview, but the brakelights on the fog just obscured anything that may have been in the road. I then drove forward about 40 feet and turned the van around, and returned to the site. Only a handful of seconds had elapsed, maybe 10 to 12. There was nothing in the road, and no sign of anything having been in the road- blood, hair, guts, etc. I drove a bit further, turned around again, and again returned to the site. Parking the van on the shoulder, I immediately grabbed a FLIR that I just happened to have on standby mode, and I thermed the area for 40-45 minutes, while yelling out to whatever, or whoever I had hit. At that point, I was still thinking that I may have hit a person. Nothing answered, and there were no heat signatures anywhere.

Tyler Wm. Bounds
BFRO Investigator
Washington

Comments

  1. Sounds legit. I'm guessing he side swiped it and it took off. What else could it have been? It might have been a bear that upon seeing headlights, stood up to intimidate, but we'll never know, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmmmmm sounds suspicious guy from finding bigfoot i think there is a conflict of interest there

      Delete
  2. Sounds like he forgot the rental insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we don't know that is was actually a bigfoot that was hit.Mini vans aren't terribly tall so it could've been something else.
    Tyler says it was "very" foggy and he was "fairly exhausted".
    Maybe he had a touch of Black Dog.I don't doubt his story that he hit or clipped "something",but for anyone to say it was bigfoot or imply it was bigfoot is ludicrous.
    Also,and I can't understand this.If the guy has a FLIR,which every field person for the show should have,WHY are vehicles not equipped with dash cams?They're portable,inexpensive and don't require hard wiring.
    Matt and or the show should know this.They have cameras coming out the wahoo.Adding one to each field vehicle would be a plus.
    As interesting as the story is,I'm kind of disappointed....but happy nobody was hurt that we know of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i was 16 i smashed my parents care into a phone pole, I told my parents a UFO landed infront of me, they didnt buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mini van would have a side mirror approx 4-5ft. off of the ground. For a bear to be the tall, it would need to be standing on its hind legs. This theory is highly unlikely because a bear usually stands on its hind legs to retrieve food, etc. from above them. Since the "thing" was in the middle of a pave road, it is very unlikely that a bear would be the suspect. (An average black bear would not be remotely tall enough to strike a car mirror when walking on all four legs.) There are no Grizzly bears in this area. I'm not saying that a bigfoot was hit, but something other than a bear, dog, or deer would be the suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If not a bigfoot, maybe a drunken coalminer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. DNA on the car.....hair.....blood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe in bigfoot because they are mentioned in the Bible Deut 2:20 and the first half of the book of Joshua describes his military exploits at Caanan when he chased foul smelling giants out of Hebron. Plus Lots of other evidence in other historical tomes. You put your lives at risk going out chasing critters that want to be left alone. I see some sort of madness (polution ?) destroying humanity's brain in general. We could cultivate their friendship as they could be useful in animal control of the giant Pythons taking over the FL everglades, or the wild boars becoming a problem in 44 states of late. Roger Fouts at Chimp lab - E-burg in WA state taught his rescued chimps sign language - I myself know it. So that even if human speech is too hard for them communication could be established. Of course Food and music could be useful in establishing contact.
    Baskets of apples, loaves of bread. etc. Music -I've seen movies of radios underwater and fish swiming in 3's 4's and pairs to -yes it was the Blue Danube as an science experiment in a lake. Transistor radios super glued to a pleasant music station with a GPS tracking device inside could he used in finding their nests. Maybe he'd be Taking one home to the family to show off. Friendly contacts PLEASE
    and Keep your testosterone level below your belt where it belongs and not let it infect your brain. Killing potential help - not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why did u think it was big foot?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! all the best! Regards,
    中古車査定

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story