Guest Post: Sasquatch behavior - rock stacking



Editor’s Note: This is a guest post by William Jevning (@bukwas01), 38 year veteran sasquatch investigator, and author of "Notes From the Field, Tracking North America's Sasquatch". Read more about Jevning at his Bigfoot blog, Bigfoot Researcher.

I first saw reference to rocks being stacked by Sasquatch's when I read John Green's first book "On the Track of the Sasquatch in 1976, towards the back of the book was one photograph of some rocks stacked, he told the story behind the stacks of how a logger had observed three creatures engaged in this odd behavior and ending with that he supposed that where one were to find such stacks of rocks, then it could be supposed that Sasquatch's were there also.

I saw nothing more about this until about 1991 when Rene' Dahinden telephoned me from northern California, on his way home from one of his yearly trips to the Bluff Creek area. He wanted me to meet him for breakfast in the town of Estacada Oregon the next morning, I agreed since it had been about 6 months since we had visited. I went there the next morning with a friend, and we had a fun visit with Rene"....visits were always fun with him, he was very humerous and had lots of funny stories! before leaving, he asked if I had ever seen the rock piles Green mentioned in his book? I said I had not.

He said we should follow him as he was going to spend the day looking around the area before returning home to British Columbia, and he would take us to the site where they were. We said sure, might be interesting. By the time we finally got to the site, it was almost dark as we had looked around with Rene' the whole day, we marked the place on a map and decided to return some time when we had a full day. We said our goodby's to Rene' and went back to Vancouver Washington.


Rene' called me the next day and said he didn't want to say anything in front of my friend as he didn't know him, but that I should look in other certain locations he gave me, he said no one but him knew of the existence of additional sites where sasquatch's had made stacks of rocks, and that I should go to these places and document what was there, as he had only done limited photographing and documenting of the sites. I agreed and said I would fill him in on what I had done when finished.

The same friend and I went to the places Rene' told me about a few days later, first to the original site Rene' had taken us to, it is quite astonishing what we found, Green didn't do justice to what we saw there. on this original site we found more than a dozen rock stacks, each granite stone weighing approximately 150 pounds, and each pile generally consisting of three or four such rocks, this averaged as some were different, but most were of this number.


The logger who witnessed the creatures making these stacks said that just prior to their discovering him there watching from behind a tree then fleeing the area, reported the big male digging a large hole and retreiving some rodents. The hole is there, John Green had his son stand in the hole to show the scale, but all that photograph shows is his head and shoulders out of the hole and does not show the hole itself, I measured this hole, it is 6 feet deep and 6 feet across, the photograph here is of me standing inside the hole which gives the reader a much better size comparison, I am 6 feet tall myself.

We then went to the other six locations, all seperated by stands of forests and some distance from each other, they were very similar to the first. I have found two others since then, these being in the region south of Mt. St. Helens in Washington State, and similar to those in northern Oregon, I show these in my book. Its is unknown why they did this, some might suppose marking of some sort, I will discuss that in another blog, but it is interesting behavior and do not know if it is repeated in other regions, perhaps it is something peculiar to that region alone and the group of Sasquatch that traverse the forests there.

Comments

  1. Shawn,

    I suppose instead of using urine which has to be done repeatedly to mark territory, Bigfoot uses markers such as rock stacks and tripod structures made from dead-falls.

    Interesting stuff.

    Scott McMan
    Ghosttheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott

    I suppose there's some truth to BFs being closer to humans. I myself have seen hikers stack rocks to mark where they've been.

    I have to admit though. I sometimes stack rocks on the beach. It's solitary, develops no real "skills," but it's meditative and relaxing. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story