Cliff Barackman's Vietnam Bigfoot story as relayed through his father

Larry Wilson's account of Vietnam Bigfoot sighting
(One of the many reported sightings from American soldiers in Vietnam)

We've heard many stories from Viet Nam veterans about their encounter with Nguoi Rung, a 7 feet tall hairy hominid with reddish brown hair covering most of its body. Reports of 'wildman' vary from large to small, with body hair from grey to brown or black and may be alone or with others. But always they are said to walk bipedally. From northern Vietnam to the central highlands, they go by many names among the highlands minority people, most are terms of respect. The Vietnamese name is Nguoi Rung or "Forest People".

Here's a few accounts of Nguoi Rung sightings from American soldiers during the Viet Nam war, including one story from Cliff Barackman's father.

Notice Cliff's use of the word "bigfooty" when referring to anything Bigfoot. This article predates the Finding Bigfoot show (where he's been heard using the word "bigfooty" on several occasions):

Posted: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2009
By Cliff Barackman

I spoke to my father today, and he told me about an interesting thing that happened to him. I gave him a bigfoot t-shirt as a gift a while back, and he wore it to the gym for his workout. A man approached him and struck up a conversation about the t-shirt, and confided in my father that the man had seen a bigfoot a couple decades ago. This sort of thing happens in my bigfooty life all the time, but it was a new one for my dad. The incredibly interesting thing about this man's encounter is that it occurred in Vietnam while he was fighting in the Vietnam War.

The story, as relayed through my dad, is more or less that the man's platoon was exchanging fire with the enemy in the jungles of Vietnam. At one point on the adjacent hill, a bigfoot-type animal walked through a clearing, went back the way it came, and then went straight up a steep embankment or cliff before disappearing into the thick jungle. The creature apparently showed no difficulty in scaling the steep incline, which impressed the man greatly.

This man told my father that he doesn't talk about it much because he doesn't want people to think that he's crazy. Unfortunately, this fear is far too common among witnesses. It makes me wonder about the information that is still out there, yet remains hidden due to the fear of ridicule.

I had read of Vietnam veterans seeing bigfoot-like creatures in the jungles of Southeast Asia before, but this is as close to the source as I have ever come to one of these witnesses. Sightings from Vietnam are significant considering gigantopithecus fossils have been found there.

Nguoi Rung or "Forest People"

Stan Courtney also posted an interesting letter from a Viet Nam veteran on his website. Click here to read the full letter.

Here is a portion of that letter:

It was 1969; I was on patrol one evening, just before dark in the North Two Corp in North Vietnam. We were returning to the hill, when we encountered hostile fire, the squad was caught off guard so we used what cover was available. The fight had been going on for only a few minutes when movement caught my eye. Through the thick vegetation I saw what I thought was a large man breaking cover from behind my left side. As the thing ran past me I realized it wasn’t a man, and was not really sure of what I was seeing. The thing was about 7 feet tall and had an enormous build, though not completely covered with hair, the thing had reddish brown hair covering a good portion of its body. It had covered about 30 yards very quickly passing within just yards of my position, when it got hit in the crossfire. The thing stumbled once or twice but never fell.

Comments

  1. I am 57!years old and I heard stories like this from a couple of VN vets. Like the teller they feared being nut cases so tthey tended to keep them to themselves. Still the Hmong, Montagnards, have these "legends" passed down thru many generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A six-year-old boy walked up to his father one day and announced, “Daddy, I'd like to get married.”
    His father replied hesitantly, "Sure, son, do you have anyone special in mind?"
    “Yes,” answered the boy. “I want to marry Grandma.”
    “Now, wait a minute,” said his father. “You don't think I'd let you get married with my mother, do you?”
    “Why not?” the boy asked. “You married mine.”
    ==== have fun!
    duong vat gia cao cap | duong vat gia hang khung | trung rung tinh yeu | bup be tinh duc |am dao gia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story by Stan is fake. I authored it as a practical joke on one of my employees after said employee found out that Stan had contacted be about the "Illinois Howl". The employee was unrelenting trying to get the customers to refer to me as Sasquatch. So, knowing that Steve had served in Vietnam, I basically found out what information could from him and started an email correspondence with Stan, baiting him deeper and deeper until I deleted the email account. When Stan could no longer get in contact with Steve via email, Stan (thru the many hints I dropped about Steve's full name and where he lived) got in touch with Steve via listed landline telephone. This ended Steve calling me Sasquatch. For anyone not believing that I completely made up the story (which Stan promised Steve faithfully that he would never disclose) I have the original document. DR

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story