Photo of the Day: Awesome shadow of Mount Rainier cast up upon low clouds

Mt. Rainier casting a long shadow across low hanging clouds

Tumwater, Washington resident Nick Lippert captured this amazing photograph of Mt. Rainier casting a long shadow across low hanging clouds. It was shot at 7:40 in the morning using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3. Talk about being in the right place at the right time…

According to KOMO News: "It only happens when the sun rises farther to the south as we head toward the winter solstice and has to be in the exact position to where Rainier blocks the first rays of morning light."

Check out the full-res version here (it makes for a great wallpaper). KOMO News also has a gallery containing more photos from this particular morning.

For many people who live in Washington, they know Mt. Rainer is also prime Bigfoot territory. Here's one report from a U.S. Forest worker that was submitted to the BFRO in September 2006:

Forest worker has an encounter near Mount Rainier

YEAR: 2006
SEASON: Summer
MONTH: August
DATE: 15th
STATE: Washington
COUNTY: Pierce County
LOCATION DETAILS: The site is on the flanks of Mount Rainier. Location is edited per witness request.
NEAREST TOWN: The west side of Mount Rainier.

OBSERVED:

On this particular morning I am confident to report that I had a sighting of Sasquatch. I am a forest worker and build and mantain trails for a living. In the past decade I have had plenty of encounters of the 4 legged species, including cougar and black bear. What I saw this morning was not a black bear (though in my mind I kept hoping it was). I was within 20 ft. of the creature who leaned down under a fir limb to get a better view of me. I had been leveling an area of shale rock trail with my McCloud tool, when I realized that something was slamming rocks together on my right. My usual response is to raise my voice and yell (No bear Go Bear) and with that I usually see a quick flash of black fur and a crashing of brush. Not this time! So I picked up a lage rock yelled with more force and tossed the rock. By this time I had started slowly stepping backwards towards the Suburban, I did not take my eyes of the spot. I thought I saw something move and bent down slightly to get a look at what was moving the fir limb on the tree. I then noticed a movement of dark brown( a leg) and then a face. My adrenalin coursed, I threw my tools in the back of the rig and drove to the other side of the forest where the rest of the crew was working. They are the only ones I trust with this. Being a woman working in the woods, I get teased enough and I do not want to be the laughing stock among the rest of the employees. They returned to the sight with me and even though they did'nt see anything they felt too spooked to stay. So all 3 of us left the area.

ALSO NOTICED:

In the past 8 yrs. I have had several experiances, all in the same area. From working with 13 people (we all left) after having logs rolled down the hill at us, to knocking on wood (green maple hitting large conifer sound) to being stalked all the way out 2.5 mi. with the knocking (which subsided at the start of the clearcut). As recent as Aug 30th at 10:00A.M. I was starting to dig out shale to place a forest sign and was answered with the knocking and brush breaking in the big timber behind me, and bipedal footfalls. I would strike the rock and then the minute I would hesitate it would start the knocking of wood (not an echo) on shale and steel vs.wood on wood.

OTHER WITNESSES:

During this encounter I was alone. I have had others with me in the past and heard knocking. My grandson found a footprint in 2004 and when we returned with the plaster to cast it a Jeep had driven through it and destroyed it.

OTHER STORIES:

I had a person sign into my trail register on Aug. 8th 2006 6:45 A.M. Stating that he scared a bigfoot out of the forest road pass just below the location of my incident on the 15th. It was his entry that I believed, he printed, wrote hastily and than seemed to pull his writing together. I no longer question what adrenalin does to a person. I have many more details of the area and my experiences and even the past event dates(trail journals) at this point I am keeping track of every encounter and hoping to compile the data this winter during down time.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 7:50A.M.

ENVIRONMENT: 

A peak near this location has 200 year old trees behind and different ages and stages of timber surrounding, the area. High dew factor that morning, mist in the air and low fog until I reached the peak. I am planning on G.P.S. the exact locations as soon as a unit is available. I will also be photographing each area of incident with a history log.

Comments

  1. I think I just want to compile all the pictures of bigfoot and make a photo wallpaper of them. I think that would look really neat. I'm probably going to do that. It'd be so awesome. http://www.michaels.com.au/index.php/photo-laboratory/photo-wallpaper

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story