Bigfoot tried to grab boy off four-wheeler, now an adult, man still get nightmares



Thomas from The Crypto Hunters on Facebook told me a story about a group of boys in the 1980's four-wheeling near the Hutch & Colmar area of Bell County Kentucky. According to Thomas, the day was supposed to be a normal day of fun for them. "...Teenage boys were doing their normal thing for around here, teaming up and going 4 wheeler riding on the old strip mine roads and logging road. This is a normal thing around here and a fun thing to do on weekends," said Thomas.

This all changed after their encounter with a creature that terrified them so much, they can't hardly talk about it, even to this day. Thomas tells me one of the boys (now an adult) still breaks down in tears crying when he recalls the event.

Bell County Bigfoot, the close encounter AKA the story of Caleb

This is a story told to me by a good friend that i go to church with,I 100 percent know this is a true story.

I'll do my best to tell it best i can but as you read it, it will become clear why some of the facts are hard to find and get to.

I have spoken to my friend a few times about this at great length and the event is totally amazing to say the least.

This took place in the 1980's (best i know) in and around the Hutch & Colmar area of bell county Kentucky. This area has had many Bigfoot encounters/stories over the last 50 years.

Well as the story goes several teenage boys were doing their normal thing for around here,teaming up and going 4 wheeler riding on the old strip mine roads and logging road. This is a normal thing around here and a fun thing to do on weekends.

Some of the 4 wheelers had 2 boys per 4 wheeler..in total there were around 5-8 people in this riding party,maybe a few more or less. Well, as they are going up on of the strip mine roads they see what they at first think is a big stump on a ridge but as they get closer the stump is moving. The road they were on went towards this big thing, as they got closer it starting coming toward them and of course they hit the gas on the 4 wheelers and tried to hurry past the massive creature.

At this point the Bigfoot really starts chasing the four wheelers,the bigfoot cuts down the ridge to try and cut the boys off, the first few riders make it past the area where the bigfoot is coming to, but my friends brother who is on the back of a four wheeler with two people on it are at the end of the riding group line, well this bigfoot makes its to the cut off point at almost the same times as the last four wheeler with the 2 boys on it.

The bigfoot makes a grab for the boy on the back of the four wheeler,this is my friends brother,it either grabs him slightly or the four wheeler (not sure on this but one or the other) and almost rippes him off the four wheeler,but due to the speed they rip loose from the bigfoot.

Of course these boy are scared almost to death about this and now all these years later it is very hard to get them to even speak about it.I talked to my friend about maybe getting his brother to tell me even more details but he said he can't hardly talk about it without breaking down and crying as it was so terrorifing.

The other boys are also like this,they can't talk in great detail as it really bothers them to this day.

The Crypto Hunters say:
This is a truly amazing story and their is no way it is a made up story. This is coming from people i have known and went to school with many years of my life,even now we still are in church together sometimes.

Some Facts

  • This took place in the Hutch & Colmer area of bell county, kentucky.
  • There is a good water supply to support a bigfoot creature thanks to the Cranes creek river and many old strip mine ponds.
  • There is a ample source of food for Elk,deers and bears,so it should be enough to support a bigfoot as well.
  • Heavily wooded areas for easy hiding of a bigfoot creature.
  • Several reports of bigfoot in and around this area dating back to the 50's.
  • This event was seen by 5-8 people. (update: 6 boys total)
  • Best as i know this story has never been told to any media people,nor the local newspaper or ever reported to any bigfoot researchers until now.

Other facts

Somehow over time,even before this event, this bigfoot was given a name and it is commonly call Caleb and some times Ol' Caleb.

I've heard people say "them boys seen Ol Caleb" so this means this is a known creature by some folks and there is a history of it.

Thanks to my friend and his family for sharing this amazing story with me.

Map

This is a google map of the Colmer and Hutch area of bell county Kentucky.

Colmer & Hutch,KY


UPDATE :

ok, I got to talk to my friend last night and i now know how many boys was in this 4 wheeling party.
There was a total of 6 boys  and the party have 3 four wheelers ..so 2 boys per 4 wheeler.All these boys still live around here as far as i know but it's hard to get them to talk about it.

Just recently another brother of my friends was deer scouting in this same area and found some very large tracks in the snow , it was around where he had  some corn out to bait deer...not sure if this was a bigfoot or not. I plan on taking a trip to this area in the next few months to look for some sign of bigfoot and my friend has agreed to take me to the known area of the sightings.

Comments

  1. What an interesting story.I can't help but wonder what Bigfoot was thinking.
    As far as I've read,they aren't prone to being aggressive.
    Maybe Caleb was having a bad day.
    If I experienced something like that as a boy I would probably not forget it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are aggressive. But few people LIVE to tell those stories.

      Delete
  2. BTW,is there a way to follow your blog?I don't see the option that Thomas and I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you see it on upper left side of page? Scroll to the top and it should be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,it was right in front of me.
    I guess I'll never spot a Bigfoot,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting story. Actually feasible. I'd think that kind of noisy intrusion coming right at him was seen as an aggressive act. He did what he could to react to it. I find it hard to believe I'd shut up about that. If something like that happened to me, I'd be trying to make sense of it by talking nonstop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to take a trip to this area,but my Friend got a real bad case of kidney stones and we didn't get to go in the area. They have had several events with this bigfoot over the years while deer hunting. Now some company is logging in the area.so i have no idea when i'll get a chance to get into there.There are several more stories from this same spot that i might share at a later date.
    Thanks for sharing the story Shawn.
    Tom
    The Crypto Hunters
    www.thecryptohunters.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the 80s I was a teen draging a deer I had just shot behind me on a three wheeler and had a pack of wild dogs chace me in southern Ohio and that scared me to death can not even think how bad it would have been if it was the Big guy dam.

    ReplyDelete

  8. have lived in this area for years, ---never heard of this story, "ol' Caleb" or anything of the sort. this is all bull shit! I'll give you my email if you ask and you can show me the spot---otherwise sell the loada crap elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg! My husband has told me a story almost the same thing as u told. But it was his brother on the back of the 4 wheeler and it was on 2012hyw to Balkin in bell co ky. I know something is out there but I've never seen it. Like your story u told my brother-in-law has spoken a little about it. And his a very reliable person. At first I laughed thinking he was joking with me until he about broke down, he started shaking really bad then I knew he wasn't joking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is strange I've lived in this area you speak of and this is the first I've ever heard of this story.except for the ole Caleb part.the ole Caleb stories I've heard refer to a black panther,mountain lion type cat.if you were to mention the boys names,I bout bet I would know them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Samurai Chatter: Have you used it in the field?

BREAKING: Finding Bigfoot Production Company Seeks Filming Permit In Virginia

Bigfoot injured by a forest fire was taken away and hidden by the authorities, not even Robert Lindsay can top this story