Editor’s Note: This is a guest post by CA-BFRO Researcher, Bart Cutino. Cutino, 38, is an unabashed, unapologetic member of The Bigfoot Research Organization, a diverse group of about 200 researchers and adventurers. He's also a member of the AIBR, the Olympic Project and the Bigfoot Discovery Museum. He was a participant at the Sierra Kills body recovery effort in July 2011.
The 12 Commandments For The Passionate "Amateur" Sasquatch Researcher
1) Lie And Or Compromise Your Integrity Once, And Your Credibility Deserves To Be Challenged And Questioned Forever.
2) Documentation, Detail & Due Diligence, "Always"....Prior To Delivery.
3) Understand Your Job Is To Objectively Assess & Collect, Then Defer; The Credentialed Expert's Job Carries The Burden & Responsibility Of "Determining."
4) Before Bothering To Argue Why Sasquatches "Can And Do" Exist, You Must Fully Understand, Learn And Explore The Reasons Why So Many Others Believe And Accept That They "Can't" Exist.
5) Instead Of Denying Or Merely Accepting Your Ignorance And Weaknesses, Seek Out And Learn From Those (Hunters, Trackers, Biologists Etc...) That Possess Them As Strengths.
6) If You Call It A "Research" Or "Study" Area, Then You Should've Already Begun "Researching" And Or "Studying" The Immediate Biosphere And All Local Fauna That Frequent, Represent And Distinguish It.
7) In Your Search, Prioritize And Consider Viable Habitat (Food, Water & Cover) Topography And season Before Prioritizing Chasing Unsubstantiated Claims And "History."
8) With Respect To Your Experience(s), Before Considering An "Unrecognized Species," Consider Every Possibility & Scenario Within Every "Recognized" Species.
9) Don't Ever Make "Definitive" Statements While Lacking The Personal Knowledge, Experience Or Evidence To Validate Those Statements As "Definitive."
10) Don't Expect Others To Just Accept Or "Believe" What You Present, If You Couldn't Accept Or "Believe," Had The Same Been Presented To You By Others.
11) With Respect To The Subject Matter, Understand That Your Evidence Can Only Be "Great" If It Doesn't Require The Legs Of You Or Anybody Else To Stand.
12) Remember.... "Perspective," You Participate In This Field Because You Enjoy The Pursuit, Not Because Of Any Promise Or Payoff. Stay Guided By Your Principles, Patience & "Passion," Or You'll Quickly Find Yourself Void Of All Three.